cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add SAP AS Java on 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am not able to add SAP AS Java on NWDS 7.3. Checked some scn content and found out that we go to SAP Management Console and add it over there. I tried doing that and it is asking me ADM or any other Operating System Administrator credentials. Can someone please let me know what are those credentials for as I tried with my administrator id but could not login.

Thanks

Harshmeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it should be OS ADMIN, not portal admin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes, it is of course a User on Operating System level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the response Jun and Ervin. Will try again and update you if my issue gets resolved or not.

Regards

Harshmeet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

perhaps your password -- a wrong one -- is cached by nwds and that causes the trouble.

If you are really sure the OS credentials you enter are correct (because you pay attention to case sensitivity, or to special characters, etc) then you can try to wipe out the data from the cache.

You can do this in NWDS by going to Window -- Preferences --> General --> Security --> Security Storage --> select tab "contents" and delete the item showing up there (default security storage). It is not intuitive perhaps I know but there is an expandable node you need to select and then press Delete. After this restart NWDS and try again.

I hope this helps.

Ervin