cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in FMRP_RW_BUDCON results after Support package application

former_member303279
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi. This is the first time I post. So far I've been what is known as a leech and today it gets worse: I will ask you guys a question. Seriously speaking, many of your discussion have helped me solve problems I had. So, this is my first time to ask for help and start to collaborate. Here is the problem:

The client I work for has updated the Kernel to version 722 patch 4, leaving EA-PS with patch level 15 as shown below.

EA-PS

SAPKGPPD15

SAP R/3 Enterprise Public Services

After the updateof the Kernel the system started to behave differentely in the following ways:

1. When posting logistics invoices, paying this invoices, etc. SAP showe errors requesting for financial transactions for GR/IR, Vendors and Banks to be customized in commitment items. The company used to have just one commitment item for statistical purposes with no customizing of financial  transactions and items. This was solved by customizing according to 1466979,
  2. In transaction FMRP_RW_BUDCON payment items showed up for the first time (which were never shown before the upgrade). The presence of these payment items and their FM posting date affects budgeting and does not satisfy business needs. They company needs a payment budget that was updated based on incoming invoices and their posting dates. Now, the tricky part is that they use update profile 000101 which I think it is incorrect (I think they should use 000102).

It is very likely I'm missing something. But in case they have the incorrect profile, then the system before the upgrade was not "enforcing" customizing. If there is no way to go back to the previous system state, what is the impact of changing the update profile? I've never changed this in the middle of a project before and I have no experience with kernely upgrades.

All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Gonzalo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Update profile 000101 provokes, indeed, update on payment basis; hence, FM documents with value type '57' are generated and updated in the system. Naturally, they would appear in standard report for actual consumption. Your settings in OF29 imply usage of an update profile on payment basis since 'on-line payment update' is activated.

Changing profile in a working system is always a headache, but here the question is focused on the old/new combination of the changed profile. Changing it from 000101 to 000102, for example, is less painful than doing it vice versa. However, even this change is very complicated, as the status of your FM documents will have to be updated on the level of invoice, instead that of payment document. This would concern also already posted documents, such as PR/PO, which are not yet completed their cycle.

Your statement that kernel upgrade changed behaviour for FMRP_RW_BUDCON is quite strange. Though, as I mentioned, '57' value type documents (or payments) are due to appear in this report under assumption of using 000101 profile. So, the fact that they didn't appear before should be accounted as a bug or modification in a previous version of the report.

Regards,

Eli

former_member303279
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli for your reply. I received this issue as my first assignment without being familiar with the system before the support packages were installed. I get the impression you understood the requirement perfectly: this is a "old/new combination of the changed profile". It's a kind of catch 22 situation because I we have the previous stage which was "incorrect customization/business need satisfied" versus "correct customization/let's see how it works!". I took for granted from the current team of consultants that no customization was changed after the support package installation and that the system used to work on invoice basis.

My statement about FMRP_RW_BUDCON is indeed strange. Maybe my assumptions about customizing not changed and how the system actually worked before the upgrade are unsafe. So now I'll have to think how to change the profile to 0102 carefully.

Thank you for your reply. I'll keep you posted when I have the solution.

Regards,

Gonzalo

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though, possible in theory, I'd be very reluctant to do it. It might be better to change to manual FM payment transfer, if you don't want payment documents to write into FM, rather than changing profile.

Answers (0)