cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pull new status profile in old sales orders.

former_member243884
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Before, we were using standard status profile on sales order transaction type, since we having some issue with some order, needed to create a new custom status profile and assigned this new status profile to the same sales order transaction type, when I open existing orders, the new status profile is not getting reflecting in the order. Please suggest me how to get new status profile and see the new user statuses in existing orders as I do not have any issue with new order and getting new status profile in new sales orders, but this is not happening old orders.

Thanks and Regards,
Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

When you create a new sales order, the status profile defined in customizing is for each object instance copied into table CRM_JSTO.

Technically it would be difficult to change the status profile for inidividual existing order and still keep data consistency and history. All statuses ever set for each order is stored in table CRM_JEST and changes are tracked in table CRM_JCDS.

So as Arden suggested, carefully change the existing profile (do not delete statuses, which are already assigned, for instance). You can still use the new status profile for new orders.

Regards,

Dawood.

former_member243884
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden and Dawood,

Thanks for your quick response.

I cannot change the existing status profile as it's standard one. so create a new status profile with new required status and trying to test this in quality where we have issue ( in old order), but not able to set the status which is setup newly. Please suggest me if there is any alternative to set a status for line item from new status profile in old order.

Thanks and Regards,
Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

If not a Production Issue, it will be easier to apply the New Status Profile and regenerate your data.

The amount of time you spend trying to resolve by replacing the old Status Profile with the new against the existing One Order Objects could be excessive.

Regards

Arden

former_member243884
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Could you please let me know that process or steps to update new status profile on old orders.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

Please refer to the comments from Dawood.

Regards

Arden

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I am a bit confused by the last sentence:

Please suggest me if there is any alternative to set a status for line item from new status profile in old order.

So it is an line item status that you want to change? Item types has their own user status profiles, they are not directly connected with header (process type) status profiles...

Regards,

Dawood.

former_member243884
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dawood,

I want to get the new status profile determined in older orders(at item level) those orders created and having other status profile before creating a new status profile, here I want to apply the new status profile on older orders those having old other status profile.

BR

former_member243884
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if there is any process to update new status profile in old orders or any OSS note for this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Venkat

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

there is no standard process nor OSS note, as I am aware.

However, if you need to change the line item status, did you assign the profile to your line item type in customizing?

Can you see the new statuses in following combination:

• Old header, new  item?
  • New header, new item?

There might be few solution to this, depending on your scenario - however, to bulk change status profile in old records should be the last resort - and it could lead to inconsistencies....

Regards,

Dawood.

former_member243884
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dawood,

When add a new line item in old order, getting new status profile for on this line item, but my scenarios is to apply new status or status profile on old line item in old order. Please let me know if there is any process from functional or technical perspective.

BR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

You do realise you're butchering your system right?

Arden

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

no, I think there is no standard process for that. Therefore I would like to know your scenario more, because, for instance, if your line items in old orders are still open, then you can delete them and recreate by custom report.

But prerequisite would be that there are no follow-up documents, no billing etc.

What exactly do you need to achieve from business perspective? What is exactly describing the status you want to apply to old items? Maybe you can use some workaround (like setting internal status, rejecting etc.).

If you need to align within reporting, then you can do this as calculated status in report, where you will branch the result based on status profile.

And I agree with Arden Stricke, you are not very nice to your system ...

For study, you might try to change records in table CRM_JSTO to new status profile (with custom report) and if you have copied your new status profile from the standard one, maybe you will not mess your history (old statuses must have same internal Exxxx numbering).

Then it should be possible to set new status within old items.

But you should not do this in production and try to find business workaround instead...

Regards,

Dawood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

This would require programmatic intervention, even then I suspect this could cause more issues than resolving.

Why not make minor adjustments to the existing profile in your development environment and test thoroughly

Regards

Arden