cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable a Code in QS41

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi
I want to disable a code in tcode QS41, but got the message that "Code 99 is being used and cannot be deleted".

The help message tells me that I can delete the code, if I set the "Inactive" indicator for logical deletion in customizing for catalog type But I want to keep the catalog type, and only inactivate the code.

I wonder if the code is in use, how can I see where the code is used?

If I delete the qode, what happens with the places where the code was used before deletion.

Would a solution be, to change the validity date for the code? (But "edit" ->"define validtiy" is greyed out).

Anyone who can  help me further, so I just can disable some codes.

Thanks,

/Lars

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

With the results from the last SAP customer connection program for QM there has also been an improvement for deactivating codes. You might have to check if that works out for your case.

Regards

MH

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lars,

I am replying by the first few lines of your query.

• It seems you have a direct QS41 arrangement in whichever client you are talking about.
  • Perhaps due to problems like this, in standard configuration, we are allowed to do QS41 only in golden client (Dev200) and then transport the work to other clients.
  • In such environment there is no usage of these codes in DEV200, because we can not (should not) create any data there. So we are free to delete the codes and transport to client where these codes are already were used.
  • There won't be any problem in transporting such deletions.
  • This code will not be available for further use.
  • What happens to the previously used codes is their Descriptions (Code texts) will be disappeared.

Hope this information is of some use to you, before more apt replies arrive, may be from EAM.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member

Hi Jogeswara

Thanks for your reply.

I just can't see how I can do the inactivation, either in your description - can you (or someone else) clarify that for me?

thanks

Lars

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See my reply in this discussion .  You may get what I told in this thread.