cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine a procurement type of material to pass to the BAPI_NETWORK_COMP_ADD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using "BAPI_NETWORK_COMP_ADD" to create a new Material Component under a network activity. The BAPI has Network as importing parameter and importing table is BAPI_NETWORK_COMP_ADD.

In this table we have to pass activity number, item category, procurement type, material etc....

I am unable to determine the procurement type for a material which could be passed to this table's field TYPE_OF_PUR_RESV. However, if I am not passing procurement type, the BAPI always creates "Reservation for network" which can be seen in CJ20N. But when you create the same material under any activity using transaction CJ20N it takes the appropriate procurement type..

As per my requirement, could you please help me how could I get the exact procurement type which can be passed to the parameter(TYPE_OF_PUR_RESV), which may result to the correct procurement type.

Any help would be appreciated and awarded.

Best Regards,

Chhotan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chhotan,,

Please check field:TYPE_OF_PUR_RESV in structure BAPI_NETWORK_COMP_ADD

you can check below option to enter:

1Purchase Requisition for Network
2Third-Party Requisition for Network
3Reservation for Network
4Planned Independent Requirements for Network
5Purchase Requisition + Reservation for WBS Element
6Third-Party Requisition WBS Element
7Preliminary Purchase Requisition for WBS Element
8Reservation for WBS Element
9Planned Independent Requirements for WBS Element
10Purchase Requisition + Reservation Sales Document
11Third-Party Requisition Sales Document
12Preliminary Purchase Requisition Sales Document
13Reservation for Sales Document
14Planned Independent Requirement for Sales Document

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your response.

I understand that these are the possible procuremnet types which can be passed, but my concern is for a given material which one should be taken into account. How can we determine the exact procurement type to pass alongwith a material.

Thanks and Regards,

chhotan.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chhotan,

this is decision based on business requirement that how business is procuring materials.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Yes I agree with you and this is exactly what I am trying to find that how could we determine this, "How business is procuring materials".

Thanks and Regards,

Chhotan.

adam_krawczyk1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Former Member for your valuable input.

I was researching how to move the material created by BAPI to Purch. tab of CN22 transaction as it was only present on Total tab. The difference was in fact that by default it was used group 3 "Reservation for Network" and it was enough to change it to type 1 "Purchase Requisition for Network".