Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between Languages for Desktop Connection & MS OL Language

nisha_vinod
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are on Sp04 of the Professional Edition of DC.

What is the mapping between MS Outlook Language and the language used in Desktop Connection?

If my MS OL is in EN, then does it mean I need to download the customization package for EN and all my screen appears in EN?

If my MS OL is in DE, when I download customization package for EN, what should be the behavior?

In general, how to ensure that both are in sync?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_sackmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

the customization package is valid for multiple language not only for a single language. The language dependend parts e.g. screen labels are stored in xml files starting with package_res.. e.g. package_res.en_US.xml for english texts. As you can see there are multiple files for the differnt languages. So if you are doing enhancements which inlcudes language dependend elements you have maintain them in the various languages which you want to support i.e. you have to maintain the different XML files starting with user_package_res...

However, there are different installer files for the addon, they are language dependend i.e. if you are running MS OL in english you should use the english version of the addon e.g. Desktop_Connection_for_SAP_CRM_x86.en_US.exe.

Regards

Michael