cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WorkItem Text changes not reflecting

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I run a workflow with a task which is a copy of standard task. There was a small change required in the Workitem Text and the change was done.Task and Workflow got activated. SWU_OBUF was also run after the change. But the changes are not reflecting in the output. Any idea what might be going wrong?  Change are related to workflow from Netweaver portal.

Regards,

Anand R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks Modak and Rick. I will check with portal guy and see what goes wrong.He had cleared the cache already but still issue persists.But what i noticed was for this Task (which is a copy of standard user decision task.) any changes made in the description field is reflecting properly. But the Work Item Text Changes are not reflecting. I tried testing the Task in SWUS tcode and there it shows the change correctly. I will check the complete workflow log and update. Let me know if i am missing something simple here.

Regards,

Anand R

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

The work item text - are you changing only in the task or also in the ACTUAL decision Step in the workflow. What I have seen so far is that the text in the actual decision task overrules:

Following is the decision step which uses a custom task copied from standard decision task:

And following is the actual task (look at the work item text)

Which one shows in your system - in the backend as well as in the UWL?

regards,

Modak

0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

Second screenshot text is the one shown on UWL and in SAP. Tried changing it. It dint show up. But when Description tab is changed that shows up correctly.

Regards,

Anand R

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What is the text in the decision step (not the task) - the first screen shot - try changing it as that takes precedence.

0 Kudos

Decision Step shows some other Custom Text which was expected and it comes out correctly. But when user opens it, the Text should show Custom Text " Document No: &Documentno&" which is not happening in UWL.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

can you please share the following screen shots:

1) Decision Step (where you specify the decision text)

2) Task Screen shot

3) Screenshot from SBWP where the WI text is shown

4) Screen shot of the UWL WI list where we can see the discrepancy

Regards,

Modak

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition to what Modak said, check in the workflow log (SWI1) to make sure the new task is being used and see what the workitem text looks like there.

regards

Rick

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

Ask the users to do a portal refresh - or check with your portal consultant for any buffering issue.

If you face the same issue in the backend (SBWP), it may not be related to portal buffering. Then the following questions apply:

Which System was it changed in and which system are we testing in? Have all Transports gone in if the systems are separate?

Changes will be in the New Instances, created after the change and not in the older instances of the task.

Regards,

Modak

0 Kudos

Thanks are tested in dev system only.

Regards,

Anand R