Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 - OData model deployment cannot be completed

vicenteveiga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've been studying all about SMP3.0 and started to follow some tutorials from SCN.

The tutorial that suits my case is

I understand that the tutorial is somehow obsolete but I've came to the conclusion that it's possible to achieve the same goal with the new version of the eclipse tools.

My test system setup details are:

• Server - SMP3.0 Server SP09
  • PC - SMP3.0 SDK SP10 (updated today)
  • PC - Eclipse Luna with updated SAP Mobile Platform Tools software

One of the scn posts that matched my problem is from user jitendra kansal in the following post: which refers to SMP 3.0 SP04.

Although I wasn't able to deploy the article service, I've followed another tutorial () eclipse was able to deploy successfully to the SMP3.0 SP09 server and the service work as expected.

I'll attach screen shots to illustrate the problem when deploying the article service after following the first tutorial that I've indicated above.

Deployment cannot be completed for ARTICLESERVICE

Thu Oct 01 10:36:13 BST 2015 | Build and deploy task started for task id: c5d12641-a909-44c1-afd6-238c0325ee94 Thu Oct 01 10:36:59 BST 2015 | Validator Logs : Thu Oct 01 10:36:59 BST 2015 | WARNING : Connect End Event back to the sender system <IFlowEditor/eid:_ServiceTask_3/etype:serviceTask/location:Service Call>  Thu Oct 01 10:36:59 BST 2015 | WARNING : Connect End Event back to the sender system <IFlowEditor/eid:_ServiceTask_3/etype:serviceTask/location:Service Call>  Thu Oct 01 10:36:59 BST 2015 | WARNING : Invalid element exists in the integration flow, the sequence flow containing the element cannot be processed <ComponentMetadataEditor/location:Message Flow/etype:MessageFlow/eid:_MessageFlow_4>  Thu Oct 01 10:36:59 BST 2015 | WARNING : Invalid element exists in the integration flow, the sequence flow containing the element cannot be processed <ComponentMetadataEditor/location:Message Flow/etype:MessageFlow/eid:_MessageFlow_4>  Thu Oct 01 10:36:59 BST 2015 | WARNING : Invalid element exists in the integration flow, the sequence flow containing the element cannot be processed <ComponentMetadataEditor/location:Message Flow/etype:MessageFlow/eid:_MessageFlow_4>  Thu Oct 01 10:36:59 BST 2015 | INFO : Source/Target check finished successfully <sourceElement;targetElement>  Thu Oct 01 10:36:59 BST 2015 | ERROR : Mapping contains incomplete expressions <mappingCompletion>  Thu Oct 01 10:36:59 BST 2015 | INFO : Mapping Completion Check is successful <mappingCompletion>  Thu Oct 01 10:36:59 BST 2015 | Generation started for ARTICLESERVICE_SAP_1 project Thu Oct 01 10:36:59 BST 2015 | Generation and build failed for ARTICLESERVICE_SAP_1 as validation of resource is failed Thu Oct 01 10:36:59 BST 2015 | Deploy skipped; project list is empty

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Vicente

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

'Article Service' is publicly available WS, deploying within intranet network cause this error. Do you see same error with other SOAP WS?

<<i will check it later today and update you>>

vicenteveiga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Thank you for your immediate response.

I've not tried any other SOAP WS. But now I've tested and verified that I can't access to this WS in any browser inside the Server OS (and the Server has internet access).
In the server log I've detected the following error during the deployment: "Reference resolver result: null"

It seems that what you're saying matched the error.

I'll try with another WS and get back to you.

Regards,

Vicente

vicenteveiga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I've implemented the weather WS (http://www.webservicex.com/globalweather.asmx?wsdl) and after successfully deployed the service to the SMP server, I get the message:

<error xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata">

<code>NOT_FOUND</code>

<message xml:lang="en-US">

Requested entity could not be found.: Transaction ID :b334206e-43e4-44ab-8523-21974966bbdd

</message>

</error>

after executing the following url:

https://SMPSERVER:8083/gateway/odata/SAP/TESTPROJECT;v=1/WeatherSet(CountryName='Portugal',City='Lis...')

The implementation details are:

I've tested the service with the parameters Portugal and Lisboa from GlobalWeather Web Service and came out with a result string.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Vicente

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes, you are doing wrong

As your SOAP WS operation expects two inputs to be passed but READ operation in IGW cant fulfill it (only for single input). In this case, you have to go with CREATE operation.

<<I havent tried with this SOAP WS, there could be some parsing issue i doubt>>

Meanwhile, i will suggest you to check with this WS http://wsf.cdyne.com/WeatherWS/Weather.asmx?WSDL

I have checked GetCityForcastByZip operation for this service. Refer this discussion for more inputs.

Regards,

JK

vicenteveiga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Thank you very much for your help.

I'm able to consume the WS you suggested successfully.

I'm about to start developing a small Android app to consume the OData service in order to understand a little bit more of SMP.

If you know some way to get the article WS to work in my SMP Server, I'll mark it as the correct answer (because that is the initial reported issue ).

Best regards,

Vicente

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Vicente,

Well, i tried the same Article service from corporate network and i could see the same error as yours (i didnt have time to check it with FW/network team )

Now, i just tried from my home network, and i am able to deploy same service (on SP09)

Can you try one thing? From eclipse, right click project>Generate Integratation Content

Go to project path .. workspace>projectname>target

Open Admin cockpit >OData services>Deploy.. navigate to zipped file

Once done, click on 'Refresh'

Hope it helps.

Regards,

JK

vicenteveiga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Unfortunately I get the same error after deploying the .zip generated by eclipse. In the ODATA SERVICES window the zip is successfully deployed. However in the LOGS separator, I can see the following message:

#2.0#2015-10-02 07:37:14 AM#ERROR####Integration Gateway#1443775034983000#ed94c59f-ab2f-42a0-a123-be93096fa9b1##com.sap.it.gb.processor.GenerationAndBuild:doGenerateAndBuild########1343#####Generation and build failed for ARTICLESERVICE_SAP_2 as validation of resource is failed#

Thank you once more for your help.

I'll assume that there's no workaround for this.

Kind regards,

Vicente