Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Notes excluded from SAP note search Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Need your help to understand Security patch process and released notes.

In fact, there are few security notes which are not getting captured in Security notes search engine.We are extracting security notes using 'security notes site' .

Giving Example: Note 1552894 - RSUSR003: Checking the standard password for user TMSADM  

released on 27.04.2011 but when we search all notes for say March 2011 to May 2011, this note will not come.

I am not sure what criteria SAP is using but it is excluding some Security notes.

Even when we searched for this note (1552894) using the regular “SAP Note Search” engine, and select all the BC-SEC notes, it didn’t show up at all on the final list. Once we navigated to the individual node (BC-SEC-USR-IS) we were able to find it.

Can someone help me to understand how it works? Thanks.

Regards,

Naveen

1 REPLY 1

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

I cannot see that effect you describe.

start support.sap.com->enter RSUSR003 into the search field -> result list: 4 pages. Sort by note number->1552894 is on the second page....

Of course if you filter on BC-SEC, the note is not displayed. You would require to filter on BC-SEC* in this case, if you are not sure that the note is assigned to BC-SEC-USR-IS....

b.rgds, Bernhard