Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap Data Flow Call Function ABAP

former_member250413
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's possible using abap data flow to call function where the output is a table?

We have a abap function that returns a table, but when I use it in bods it returns me an error message.

And

Erro msg:

[Query:Query]

Invalid mapping expression for column <Query.teste>. Additional information: <Cannot parse expression.

For the call to function <ZSD_STATUS_COMODATO>, cannot convert parameter number <5> to type <INT>. Provide a parameter of the correct type.. (BODI-1112351)>. (BODI-1111081)

Parameter number 5 is a Table, how the passa table parameter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that's possible in an ABAP data flow.

Try this in a normal dataflow: right-click in the output schema of a Query transform to call the pop-up menu. Select New Function Call, select the function from the ECC datastore, specify the input parameters and select the table as output.

former_member250413
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk.

In a normal dataflow is possible. I had tried, but the perfomance is very, very poor, and in ECC returns some errors....

Error print in ECC (ST22)

When i use function in SE37, no error is returned. This erros only occur when using the BODS.

any idea?

Thanks.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1/. Performance in DS can be poor when the output table is big, because the complete dataset is transferred from EC to the DS server.

2/. I cannot explain the error message you get. In principle there shouldn't be a problem because DS does nothing more than just pass the input parameters and launch an RFC call. You'll have to analyse the ABAP dump to find out more.

Answers (0)