cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa OrgChart 4.3 SP1 - High Availability

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are settings up a SAP Landscape with Dev/Test/QAS/Prd strategy.

In this landscape there are 4 netweaver Portals. In this landscape we are also installing Nakisa OrgChart 4.3 SP1.

I have noticed that Nakisa is not running High-Available on our QAS and Productions systems. These are both Enterprise Portals

with an SCS running on a Microsoft Failover cluster and 2 application servers.

Nakisa OrgChart has been installed on both application servers. When the Primary Application server shuts down (containing all the configuration for Nakisa) the additional Application server takes over. Nakisa is still accessible but contains no configuration.

Is there any possibility in running this application High-Available? Since I have not found any mention about it in installation guides or on the SAP Support site.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thalia.

I'm afraid I also don't know about the high-availability side of things - I've not seen an explicit reference to it in the Nakisa documentation.  There is reference to running multiple servers to mitigate failure and distribute load but I don't think anything that matches precisely to what you are referring to.

However I do know that if you do want to run a multi-server configuration then you will need to manually maintain the configuration between the two servers.  I've certainly worked with clients to do this many times and whilst it is an overhead it is usually a relatively small one.

If you use an intermediary system to direct traffic to the servers (like for load balancing) you could use that to manage the switch over using the same name in the case of a failure.

Regards,

Stephen.

Answers (0)