cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same source system under ODP and SAP standard context?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a question to you. Is it possible to create the same source system under the ODP context and the same one under the standard SAP one. The reason for that is that there are some ECC extractors which are not released for the ODP functionality and they cannot be replicated under this context. As you can see from the attached screenshot, it seems to be possible to create the same system under ODP and SAP standard context. However when we try that, we get an error, that the system already exists.

Any help on that or previous experience at your projects?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giorgos,

you can connect the same source system as SAP-API source system and as ODP- SAP (Extractors). But you will need to give both source systems a different technical name.

E.g. BWDCLNT100 for the SAP-API source system and BWDODPS100 for the ODP-SAP source system connection.

If you use source system ID in your BW data model e.g. in a in multi system/client landscape, you can use the 2-digit source system IDs (0SOURSYSTEM).

You can assign for both source systems (example BWDCLNT100 and BWDODPS100) the same value for the two digit key (e.g. 'BD') in configuration "Assignment of Source Systems to Source System IDs" in RSA1 -> Tools.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

thx a lot for the quick reply. The basis team has already given different technical names but they get this error, so i dont know what the reason could be.

But i was wondering what is the difference between the two systems, we just replicated also some extractors which are not ODP capable under the ODP source system. In this case if you can replicate evrything with ODP which is the difference and what is the need of the standard SAP source system?

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giorgos,

happy to help.

Would be great if you could let me know at what step the error "same source system already exists" occurs when creating a ODP source with different technical source system name than the SAP-API source system. I just tried it and it works for me without problems.

If the issue still exists, best to check this web site, maybe some of the notes mentioned there are missing in your system:

Operational Data Provisioning - Troubleshooting

Technically it should be only possible to use data sources that are released for ODP. These extractors are marked with a green tick in the RSA5 tree in the source system.

Can you give an example where a data source has not a green tick in RSA5 in source system but you are able to replicate it in BW under the ODP source system tree?

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

i asked from our Basis guy to send me the exact steps he follows and I will let you know.

Regarding RSA5 could you please tell me where I should see this green tick? I mean in general to find out if the data source is ODP-enabled, I check the ROOSATTR table. In the attached screenshot from RSA5 from source System i dont see any green ticks...

The data source which was replicated under the ODP is the Standard Profit Center hiearchy, but it is actually replicated as an Attribute data source, and it doesnt work. So I am not sure if it is relevant to the ODP replication (which shouldnt be able to get replicated) or it is sth else.

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giorgos,

yes, ROOSATTR is the right table that tells you which data sources are released for the ODP/ODQ context.

I guess you have already installed the two SAP Notes 1806637 or 1558737 and therefore you might see in table ROOSATTR also a generic entry 0$GENERIC_EXTRACTION. This entry enables many additional business content datasources for ODP/ODQ that are not listed individually in ROOSATTR, namely all data sources that are extracting directly from a table/view or domain (EXMETHOD in table ROOSOURCE 'D' or 'V').

This is why an icon was introduced in RSA5 to make visible which data sources can be used in the ODP/ODQ context.

It seems that the icon is not visible in your source system most likey because the system might be on a too low PI_BASIS release.

Best to implement SAP Note 1924334 in your source system.

Hope this brings you forward

All the best,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes definitely the Information you have included are really useful, which makes me wonder why the Hiearchy Extractor was possible to be replicated under ODP although not of type 'D' or 'V' in the ROOSOURCE table.

I just found this note (1806637-Releasing ERP Extractors for ODP API), which implies that there should be further notes to enable hiearchy extarction under ODP. Any ideas on that?

One more point regarding your comment above. I see for example that the 0COMP_CODE_ATTR is being exposed in the ROOSATTR table although it has V as extraction method and it is also part of the Note 1558737-Data Sources released for ODP, although is doesnt Support Delta. This is a bit confusing for me. It is not ODP relevant and I would except to be replicated under ODP just under the 0$GENERIC_EXTRACTION. I hope you understand my point on that.

So the steps for the creation of the SAP source System:

1) the ODP one is called X04CLNT100 and the new one is being called X04100.

2) Thecredentials for the Background user in source System as well as in BW are being entered.

3) A n Information window Comes up that in the following Screen, a user as Administrator should be connected.

4) The user of the colleague has all the rights so he connects with his user to the source system

5) Then a Screen Comes up: User already exists in source System. Only continue if Profile and Password are correct. So he continues

6)"RFC Destination already exists in source System. Do you want to use this Destination, check or cancel source System creation" he clicks on use

7)And then he gets the error that the source System X04CLNT100 already exists.

Did I make it easy for you to understand where the error could be?

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giorgos,

yes, totally understand it now, thanks!

The problem is that the technical name of the SAP Source System (S-API) is created automatically when you connect the source system. It follows always the name <Three digit Source System ID>CLNT<Client No> like X04CLNT100. You do not have a chance to intervene manually and call it differently.

If you have created already a system with the same technical name in any other context (FILE, ODP, WebService), you will get the issue that you experience above.

In newer versions there is a check, that prevents you from creating an ODP Source System with <...>CLNT<...> . But unfortunately this check seems to be  not available in the BW support package that you are using.

In case you haven't yet implemented any (or not many) dataflows on top of the DataSources in the ODP context, it might be best to delete the ODP data source again, and recreate it with a different name. After that you will be able to create X04CLNT100 for your SAP System data source.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

thx a lot for really valuable Information.

Some clarifications:

1) Regarding the Hierarchy, do you know why and how it was possible to be replicated under the ODP although not of Extramethod D or V? Is it a bug that it was replicated and even as Attribute data source?

2) The SAP note 1850108- Hierarchy Extraction based on Service API implies that there should be a solution for the replication of hierarchies under ODP, but there is nothing mentioned in this note. Do you know if there is any way? Otherwise the creation of the SAP source System is obligatory.

3) Which Support Package is necessary for all the Features you mention like ODP check at creation System, green tick for ODP data sources etc.? We are at Support Package 11 in General. Is there any note regarding the Name check for the ODP source System to implement?

4) In General for ODP i see really many data sources in the Note 1558737- Released Data Sources for ODP, but most of them they dont Support Delta actually. They are being allowed indirectly to use the ODP via Deta with full upload, but These shouldnt be part of the ROOSATTR table according to me. It is confusing. For example the 0COMP_CODE_ATTR.

I really appreciate your Overall help today!

Best regards,

Giorgos

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giorgos,

1) could you let me know the name of the hierarchy extractor that is exposed as ODP data source without having an entry in ROOSATTR?

2) From my knowledge the important field for ODP hierarchy extraction in ROOSOURCE is field "TFMETHODS" (the transfer method). If the TFMETHODS of a hierarchy data source is '1' (IDOC only) would mean that the hierarchy data source cannot be used in the ODP/ODQ context and unfortunately you will need to use SAP Source System for them. Hierarchy data sources with TFMETHODS '2' and '3' can be used with ODP/ODQ but would usually require an entry in ROOSATTR.

3) Best to follow the procedure mentioned in SAP Note 1931427 (in backend and BW system).

4) Yes, I agree with you, 0COMP_CODE_ATTR is actually already covered by the generic entry 0$GENERIC_EXTRACTION (not all FULL data sources are enabled by this entry by the way, only the data sources with EXMETHOD 'V' and 'D').

Many data sources that provide also delta extraction are enabled with SAP Note 1806637. If you come across a BW content data source that is not officially enabled for ODP/ODQ context yet best to request it via the feedback channel odp.feedback@sap.com.

Have a great weekend,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) The hierarchy used is 0PROFIT_CTR_0106_HIER and it is not in the ROOSATTR.

2)The TFMETHODS field is actually 3, so theoretically it could be able to get replicated under the ODP. How can they be entered in the ROOSATTR? Via the program RODPS_OS_EXPOSE? Because when I enter there the data source and click release, nothing happens...

4) So if I get it right, all the full with D or V come under the conecept  Generic Extraction and could use the ODP Framework to be replicated and the rest can be replicated if there is an entry in ROOSATTR like the ones for the Controlling Area 0CO_AREA_ATTR, which is of full and EXMETHOD F1 but exists in the ROOSATTR. The 0VENDOR_ATTR however is exposed in the ROOSATTR, replicated under ODP, but when a DTP created with this data source, then no bypassing PSA Option is available (??)

I really appreciate your time you spent today for these tricky technical Details of ODP

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giorgos,

thanks for the information!

I cannot reproduce the issues you have mentioned regarding data sources

- 0PROFIT_CTR_0106_HIER -> not included in ROOSATTR nut available as ODP source system

- 0VENDOR_ATTR -> available as ODP data source but not able to load DTP bypassing PSA

in the BW system I have access to.

Therefore I would recommend to implement firstly all ODP related SAP Notes following the procedure described in the above mentioned SAP Note 1931427.

If the issue(s) still occur(s), I would recommend to open one customer incident per issue as this is really not the intended system behaviour that you have encountered.

To your question regarding program ROPDS_OS_EXPOSE: This program can be only used to expose data sources in the customer namespace but not for SAP delivered content data sources (0* and 2*).

The SAP delivered content data sources can only be officially released by SAP for ODP/ODQ, as it happened by SAP Notes 1806637 and 1558737. More than 3.000 data sources are released for ODP already on this way (also thanks to the 0*GENERIC_EXTRACTION entry). Further data sources will be released for ODP in the very near future, stay tuned...

(I heard that there are known dark ways how to add entries to a SE16 table like ROOSATTR. But in the case this is done, SAP might only provide support for ODP/ODQ related issues for SAP standard extractors that are officially released by SAP... )

Have a good weekend,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

so in order to close this ticket regarding the 0VENDOR_ATTR data source, what I meant is that although it supports Delta extraction of method E, however it cannot be loaded with Delta DTP without the use of PSA. In order to Bypass PSA, we should create a Full DTP which means that its Delta Management it is not compatible with the ODQ frameowork.

In your case you were able to create one Delta DTP on BW side without the use of PSA?

Thx a lot again for the Overall help in this ticket and the many useful and valuable Information regarding ODP.

Best regards,

Giorgos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

a short question to you: the Problem here with the same source System under ODP and SAP was for Client 199, so before deleting everything we wanted to do a check with Client 100. So we managed to create the S02CLNT100 under SAP and then we created the S02100 under the ODP context.

However when we try to activate the S02100, we get a RFC error Problem. According to the Basis Team, the Problem is due to the fact that in ECC side we cannot have different Logical Systems with the same Client in T000 table. Does it make sence? is there sth else to consider acccording to you?

(Message No. RSPC051: error in remote call of Destination xxxxxxxx. RFC Destination xxxxxxxx doesnt exist).

This Destination xxxxxxxx however exists in ECC under internal Connections in SM59. I dont know if that helps you further.

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giorgos,

can you check if the connection was created as explained in the SAP online docu

>

Creating an ODP Source System Connection

I cannot think why a new entry in T000 in ECC is required.

Regarding your other question: Yes, I am able to create a Delta DTP bypassing PSA for 0VENDOR_ATTR for a source system with high level PI_BASIS release. But now I have checked the same for a ERP source system with lower release level of PI_BASIS and experiencing the same situation you mentioned above. I will investigate further.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

thx again for your reply and helpful Information.

Another interesting point relevant also worth Investigation. The 0FI_GL_4 in ECC is not yet released for ODP. In RSA5 I dont see any green check and no entry in the ROOSATTR table.

However we were able to replicate it in BW under the ODP context and when we tried to activate, we get a warning that the data source is not found or not yet released (see attached), but by clicking further we managed to activate the data source and also to create a Delta DTP bypassing the PSA (see attached).

This is also strange. is it related somehow to the Observation you did before?

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks, for the problem mentioned above, would be best to open a customer ticket to SAP as I cannot reproduce it. Please ensure that the problem still exists, after you have installed all relevant ODP/ODQ related notes in SAP ECC and SAP BW as mentioned in SAP Note 2163197 (NW 7.x Release) or SAP Note 2163193 (NW7.3 and above)).

If I am not mistaken, 0FI_GL_4 is officially released by SAP Note 1806637.

Best regards,

Andreas

Answers (0)