Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing run not updating table keko but updating cost

Hemanthkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Need your expertise on this issue . We have executed costing run using CK40n for the month of september on 1st oct 2015 . Costing done successfully for all the materials and marking too went good. But while releasing, cost estimates are released for almost all the materials except few materials. To my surprise, when i check the KEKO table , for not released materials it is showing KA status with released cost estimate column left blank instead of VO status atleast as they are already marked . I am aware of the fact , if status is FR, eventually the released cost estimate column gets updated. Also i checked MM03 , there it is updating Standard cost for all these materials. I did testing for the same materials and experienced the same in QA environment too. We are using mixed costing and for some materials have mixed ratio 0:0.Kindly clarify whether costing run considers materials with mixed ratio 0 : 0 or not ? Also materials with mixed ratio other than 0:0 showing released cost estimate column not updated but updating standard cost in material master.How come this happens , with out updating table , how it is updating standard cost ? Guide me in the correct path whether i am looking in the correct table or else what needs to be done to fix this issue? Should i write this to Abap or what?

Cheers,

Hemanthkumar.Ch

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanthkumar,

when doing mixed costing with n procurement alternatives you will get:

1  cost estimate representing the mixing of the procurement alternative costs (KEKO-MKALK = 'X')

n  cost estimates below representing the procurement alternatives (KEKO-BALTKZ = 'X')

Only exception: there is only a single procurement alternative - in this case you will only have a single cost estimate (as there is no cost estimate required for mixing costs).

In marking and release step only the cost estimate that represents the mixing of costs (KEKO-MKALK = 'X') will change its status to VO and FR. The cost estimates representing the procurement alternatives will stay KA.

(The only exception is mixed costing for split valuated materials.)

Regards,

Johannes

Hemanthkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Correct me if i am wrong anywhere

Coming to 1st case,

Only exception: there is only a single procurement alternative - in this case you will only have a single cost estimate (as there is no cost estimate required for mixing costs).

Here you mean to say released cost estimate column (KEKO- FREIG)gets updated if there is single procurement alternative  in the above case

Coming to 2nd case,

The only exception is mixed costing for split valuated materials

What do you mean by this? Could you explain a bit more about this

Above is the case i am looking for .

If possible, Kindly share the KBA / note number .

Cheers,

Hemanthkumar.Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if there is only a single procurement alternative then there will be only a single cost estimate (with KEKO-MKALK='X' and KEKO-BALTKZ='X'). This cost estimate will get status FR at price release and KEKO-FREIG will be set.

For split valuated materials you can create procurement alternatives on valuation type level (Material/Plant/Valuation Type). On Material/Plant level you only maintain the mixing ratios of the valuation types. In this case cost estimates will be released on valuation type level as well.

Best regards,

Johannes

Hemanthkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes Gierse,

Thanks for enriching me with your knowledge. kindly share the KBA number if possible.

Cheers,

Hemanthkumar.Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but there is no KBA about this.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robin_mcgee
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check notes 1275151, 1680489, 1402978 and see if they're relevant to solving your issue. If they do not help you resolve your issue, please provide us a more structured detail using screenshots.

Thanks,

Robin

Hemanthkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RobinMcgee,

It will be glad if you share the above notes as i already tried for it but no luck.

Cheers,

Hemanthkumar.Ch