cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated members in AO 2.0 SP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

How do you achieve calculated members - Gross Margin as shown in below screenshot in hierarchy. ( Bex Source)

To achieve space (Row 24) I will be creating different table and using VBA to avoid overlap of crosstab ( by Martin - Thanks for VBA code)

Thanks for reading my post

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun Khatti,

for formulas : Currently you cannot define your local member formulas (Gross margin & Operating) in cross tabs.

For Empty Rows : With current build you can Directly create a new empty rows (row 24 & 60..) no VBA required

Thanks & Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata

I forgot to mention that Row is having GL Hierarchy and User want to drill down if needed.

There should be some way to achieve Gross Margin if not local members

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

you're welcome 🙂

I think what you want is to add a dynamic calculation, right?

http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-analysis-ms-office/blog/2015/06/15/analysis-office-21--...

To be honest, I don't know if it works with 2.0 ... I thought it was promised, but think it came only with 2.1? And if it works with hierarchies, I don't know ... would doubt it.

Regarding your requirement... have you thought about the properties and possibilities in your hierarchy? Maybe it's too long ago that I worked with it, but I think you can define if your result is shown at the top or the bottom.

If your model allows, you can store the key figures with different leading sign and if you also report the key figures separately, you can invert the leading sign in the query again, too (a former customer did its reporting like this).

Example:

Revenue +100

COGS -60

Gross Margin = 40

The hierarchy sums up automatically. Of course this will work only if it is build like a valid chart of accounts...

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on this, thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I found 2 solutions this issue ->

Sol 1)Use SAPGetData formula and subtract the hierarchy node.

Sol 2)I have created separate report in sheet2 at hierarchy node and used excel formula at Gross Margin to refer sheet2. ( I am using this because of better performance)

I hope this will help someone

Thanks!!

Answers (0)