cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerDesigner 16.5.5.2 Check In Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Problem: I am having Check In Issues with PowerDesigner on an inconsistent basis. I mean, I am able to check in certain existing models to PowerDesigner repository very easily and sometimes I am unable to check in  the same models to another proxy server or to the current proxy server. I have done the below workaround and I have mentioned the current check in status.

I need some advice to know what is the actual problem for my check-in inconsistencies. FYI, I cannot raise a support ticket  as I don't have the rights to do it, at this point.

Work Around= PowerDesigner gets stuck when I check in the models with out any error message. I have done a work around by creating a brand new model, copy the existing model to the brand new model and it checked in successfully. I want to know the reason why PowerDesigner is getting stuck without an error message. Now each time it gets stuck, I have to manually kill the process on the server and try my check in again. This is quite a tedious process to implement each time a check in fails.

Current Checkin Status= I am not using any local cache to check in the PowerDesigner models to the PowerDesigner proxy server. I have all the admin privileges like my colleague, who doesn't have any issues until, my PD gets stuck because of my check in. He is stuck whenever I get stuck with PowerDesigner.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marc_ledier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recommand you try the latest PL (16.5.5.3 -- aka 16.5 SP05 PL03) that contains many bug corrections around repository (proxy and direct).

You can review the list of correction on SAP Service Market Place (find PowerDesigner and check the Info link for patch 3)

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Marc for the response. I checked and clicked on the below relevant hyperlink "2046199" but the page does not open. Even other appropriate hyperlinks on the below page does not open. I did search other sections in market place and browsed other hyperlinks, but I did not find any relevant information in regards to 16.5 SP05. I would appreciate if you can help me find the relevant information.