Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Issue with division field in PCA

sri_harsha2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a scenario with PCA and Billing reporting. The initial report was a monthly based that was done on Monthly billing cube and open sales

order, profitability analysis cube. The reporting is done on division in the rows .

The end user needs monthly budget to be added in the columns. Here I added PCA - plan cube under multi provider, but there will be no division field in

PCA- plan cube. An enhancement needs to be done to the 0EC_PCA_1 data source but for doing a look up between VBRP table and GLPCT ( ES_PCA: total Table) The profit centers and plants will have multiple divisions. I am unable to find a way to do a look up and get the division.

I request you to let me know your valuable suggestions on how to proceed on this. Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

DataSource 0EC_PCA_1 (Transaction Data) does not have Division and it will be difficult to enhance it because of the aggregation level of the data.

I suggest to evaluate if DataSource 0EC_PCA_3 (Line Item) could be used. Here you have the field SPART (Division) available. From here it will be much easier in my opinion, even if you would have to aggregate the data before it can be used in the MultiProvider.

Best regards,
Sander

sri_harsha2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Sander. As you data source 0EC_PCA_3 is used for sales data and transaction data. But we need to report on the plan data for which 0EC_PCA_1 is the data source that would help the requirements. The transaction data source will not be able to help in this requirement. I request you suggest me if there us any other way to meet this requirement

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you are right. DataSource 0EC_PCA_3 will only extract actuals from table GLPCA. There is no similar DataSource for plan data on line item level.

I suggest to create a Generic DataSource on table GLPCP. Here you will find the field SPART (Division). Field CPUDT (Day On Which Accounting Document Was Entered) could be useful for a delta mechanism.

I cannot judge about the data volume in table GLPCP. If necessary, you can create a non-unique secondary index on the field CPUDT to speed up extraction.

Best regards,

Sander

Answers (0)