Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F: Field Sequence in Back-End Services Configuration in a Process

Bhaskar_Tripath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using 'Move Position' process (HR_PD_MOVE_POSITION). The problem I am facing is that the Org unit abbreviation field value is not getting populated by back-end service SAP_PD. On debugging the issue, I found that in class CL_HRASR00_PDITF_MAPPER method IF_HRASR00_MAPPER~INITIALIZE, current org abbreviation is getting appended to service dataset(internal table OBJECT_DATASETS_CUR) before the Object ID field itself, and hence the subsequent process is unable to determine value for abbreviation (since that is an abbreviation of that particular object). The order of the field is as below in the form scenario:

Had ORG_OLD_ID been at the top (and hence processed earlier than ORG_OLD_ABBR), abbreviation field would have got its value. If I try to remove the abbreviation field from the top and add it again at the bottom, system again resets the order (seems like alphabetical order).

It looks like a bug in the standard code. But wanted to throw this up in SCN for expert view (may be there is some configuration that I am missing) before I log ticket with SAP. Your suggestions are deeply appreciated.

Cheers!

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First off, I hope you are using this "standard sample" process just to learn from and not for production use.....they are not meant for that....many are basic, buggy or just plain don't work.....meant to be used as a reference for seeing particular ways to do things in HCM P&F (ie. to learn from).

Second, the order of those fields do not matter in the screenshot you are showing. The framework processes them all together for  the operation needed (such as "read" in this case).

Can you show a screenshot of the actual org unit related to the position you selected and show it's HRP1000 record? Does it have an abbreviation? Is the record "active" for the effective date you selected?

*edit: I just ran the "sample" on my system, and it looks like the process is "bugged".....the old org text/abbrev is not coming in. You can dig into config and see what is "off", but I don't typically mess with these "sample" processes.....just build my own. If I see/find something in it, I will let you know. Did you check OSS for any note for it? I know they have fixed some in the past.

Bhaskar_Tripath
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris for your reply!

We are not using the form "as is". We have copied and customized. But that part of old org abbrev is same for us. Its interesting you said 'text/abbrev'. For us at least text is showing up (since its after the org id field). The problem is only with abbrev.

My basis of saying that the order of field is the actual problem is that if you bring the abbrev field below the org ID field in debug, the abbrev show up.

Before the loop block at line 1089, mapping table:

After the loop block at line 1089, the datasets table

No value in abbrev (however, text is showing up)

Now try changing the order of field in debug mode -

Before the loop block at line 1089, mapping table (order of field changed manually):

After the loop block at line 1089, the datasets table (now the obj id is filled for abbrev)

And Bingo! Abbrev field value is showing up.

I am surprised as well

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Bhaskar

Edit: Sorry I missed mentioning that I did check for OSS and I couldn't find any.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting indeed! The one thing that I noticed right off is the config seems "bugged". The "default value" for the "org old id" shows an "odd" message about not being unique....which I have not seen....but if you open up the setting, it does shows it comes from SAP_PD.

The search continues....

Bhaskar_Tripath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Any luck? I didn't find anything in config which can fix this. Do you suggest to open a ticket with SAP?

Best Regards,

Bhaskar