cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check if datasource is generic or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i wanted to know, how to see, if a datasource is a generic datasource or not?

I tried following two transactions:

1. RSO2:

In transaction RSO2, i can search for all datasources which are available in the system, for datasources where i believe that these are not generic, i receive a warning message "DataSource 0* is extracted using functional module RSTC_BIRS_OLAP_AGGREGATED_DATA" and Extraction from fields are empty.

2. RSA2:

In transaction RSA2, there is a checkbox "Gen. Interface" , but i also see generic datasources in the system for which this flag is not set.  

I also checked table ROOSOURCE but without success.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

BR

M.Y.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is exactly your definition of a "Generic" DataSource? From your questions I derive that you define a Generic DataSource as one that is created using t/code RSO2 in the customer namespace (starting with prefix A* - Z*). Opposite of Generic DataSource is a Business Content DataSource (starting with prefix 0*).

Both DataSources can be found in the same tables (e.g. ROOSOURCE and ROOSFIELD). There is not a single field where you can distinguish between them. The only identifier is the prefix in the technical name: prefix A* - Z* for a custom made (Generic) DataSource and prefix 0* for a Business Content DataSource. For the last category you can also find a DataSource in object version 'D' (delivered).

Best regards,

Sander

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you wish to check the data source type and delta mechanism then we can check  likewise:

In bw side by using

se11-> rsds-> then data soruce name and it will give all details related to particular data source.

former_member183519
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello M,

There are two types of extractors.

1. Standard: Are sap delivered and can be enhanced.

Application Specific

BW Content FI, HR, CO, SAP CRM, LO Cockpit

2.Custom / Generic: Are based on custom developement.

Cross Application (Generic Extractors)

DB View, InfoSet, Function Module

Regards,

Hitesh

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi M,

by seeing name itself we can find whether data source is standard or generic one.

Generic data sources always starts with Z or Y(which we create at ecc side).

in bw side we can create generic data sources which start names with A* to Z*

Standard data sources always starts with 0*.

You can search your data sources at RSA5 and RSA6.

RSA5 - it will shows all standard data sources.

RSA6 - Will shows standard/activated data sources and generic data sources as well.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, In the table ROOSOURCE if one of the version  is SAP (Last changed by). then it is not generic. Else it is generic.

colm_boyle
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

On the BW side, use transaction RSOR to implement the associated 'Standard' BW datasources and other content such as transformations/DTP's from content.

colm_boyle
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Generally the datasources that are generic begin with 0, the datasources that are not begin with Z or Y. You can also check in transaction RSA5 which is the transaction for implementing/installing all standard 0* datasources on the source-side before replication. If you change any of these datasources you will change them to non-standard and the naming convention dictates that the 0 is replaced with a Z or Y.

Thanks,

Colm