cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual studio/Crystal Reports (2008)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are testing Visual Studio 2015. I can't find any useful information on the SCN regarding this topic.

Currently we are using Crystal Reports 2008 for Visual Studio 2008 for our application (using .NET Framework 3.5 and Visual basic).

The application is currently being used on Windows 7 computers.

We plan to migrate the computers to Windows 10.

Also we are testing/planning to upgrade the developer environment to Visual Studio 2015 and updating the application to .NET Framework 4.6.

My questions are;

• Do we need a newer version of Crystal Reports?
  • When are you expecting to support Visual Studio 2015, Windows 10 and .NET Framework 4.6?

Because while testing the application on .NET 4.6 in a Windows 10 environment we ran into a couple of issues.

• Our application is loading a report file, but the data from the database isn´t correctly shown or not at all in the report file.

See also:

KB2198788

Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

SP 15 has now been released. To get the Installer for VS 2010 to 2015 go here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

First link is to install into VS, all others are for deployment only, do not install them on your DEV PC.

Don

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, you'll probably need to uninstall the SDK from Crystal 2008 prior to working with the new Crystal for VS SDK.  The new SDK does not "play well" when installed side-by-side with older versions.

-Dell

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll try this out.

Thank you for the reply.

Sven