cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Date Category changed manually in Service PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Im using the Price date category in PO for taking a new price at GR. It works perfect for Materials. But for Services is not working. I ve created a PO with reference to Service Contract and when I select in the PO the service from the Contract, automatically SAP put Manually (4) the price date category field. And I need to be set in 5 (GR). And I can´t chang it manually.

Please give me some light on this, couse I v been searching a lot in forums but I can´t find a solution for this!!

Thanks and regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Materials PO working perfectly but in case of Service PO not working?

Check to find the difference in properties(M/06) in between condition type for Material PO(PB00) and Service PO(PBXX)

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Biju K, the condition type is PB00, cos the price is taken from the Service Contract as reference. It brings PBXX when I have no reference and I have to put manually the price. But is not the case.

Regards!

Daniel

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Material Group you used in your PO(service order) and can try having pricing date category in info record(purchase organization data)with that Material Group  or try having pricing date category in vendor master(purchasing data).

If not fulfilled - you need cross check, did PBXX condition type manual in nature cause your concern!

Regards,

Biju K

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to "OLME - Purchase Order - Define Screen Layout at Document Level" and select the field selection key PT9F and then go to "Quantity and Price" and maintain the "Price Date Control" as optional as shown below:

Test the scenario again with a new PO and revert back.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

AKPT, this customizing was already done. I can see the Price date cat. The problem is:

when I create the PO ref to a Contract the Price date cat is in 5 GR Date (this is what I need)

But then, when I go to select the services from the Contract:

Now that I got the service line, the Price date category turns automatically in 4 - Manual.

And I need the Price date category to be 5 GR date for services line.

I hope now understand the issue.

Thks & regards

Daniel

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Manually change the price date control for the service item to 5 in the PO and check the message issued by the system. The reason for the behavior is well explained with the message 06 634  - you can check the long text for the message in SE91 as well.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

I read the message 06 634 and it said: Pricing cannot be carried out for the item at the time of goods receipt because the price was either entered manually or copied from the last purchasing document.

But I don´t touch the price, it cames from the Service Contract as reference. When I do the same with Materials I don´t have this problem it brings the price and price date categ is still setting as 5 - GR date.

Regadrs, Daniel

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honestly, it is not possible to use (or even change it to 5) the price date category as 5 - GR date in case of service purchase order (whatever with reference to contract or not).

The GR concept of material purchase order and service purchase order is quite different.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the condition tab in the PO - item level and check the condition type - in service PO, the condition type will be PBXX (manual condition without any access sequence), which makes the price determination not possible at the time of GR. Refer the notes:444708 - New price determination for GR, no posting of freight costs  and   1888645 - ME21N New pricing at GR for manual gross price PBXXwhich explains the system design.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the AAC you used - along with the Item Category - for Goods Receipt Indicator. If GR indicator is unset, meaning there is NO GR for Service PO. Subsequently you can not determine Price Date Category - GR date - since there is no GR at all.

Please check and revert

Thanks

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

NR, the GR indicator is set for Goods receipt!