cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.1 - ICmatching using transaction currency

Dear BPC users,

I cannot find any solution to my need in documentation so I request some help from the experts..

My need is to achieve Interco Reconciliation in Transactional currency with BPC 10.1. We have used the Starterkit IFRS 10.1 to set up our Consolidation  environment, but it only contains the IC reconciliation in LC/Group currency unfortunately.

A subsequent need is to be able to retrieve the LC data detailed by their original transaction amount in order to identify if their is any gap due to differences in the conversion TC->LC of each partners involved.

Example of the need:

Account                  TC             Amount TC          LC          Amount LC            Company               Partner 

A400000                  USD            1000                  EUR              800                    Comp1                   Comp2

L400000                  USD             1000                  MXN            13000                  Comp2                   Comp1

Group currency is EUR

Rate MXN to EUR is 1/16 , so L40000 for Comp2 = 812.5 EUR.

Reconcilation gap in Group currency is 812.5 EUR

I above case the ICMatching will find a gap of 12.5 EUR.

The only way to know that this gap is due to conversion from TC to LC is to have the detail per TC. Othewise you can think the problem is due to the recording of the IC transaction in one company or the other.

I have read the old How-to about BPC 7.0 but I didn't really understand how to adapt the ICmatching model with it.

=> Has anyone implemented the same need ?

My idea was the following:

- create in ICmatching a new dimension TrnCurrency with transactional currencies

- create in ICmatching a new dimension "ICSrc" to distinguish LC from TC. (this way I can load the LC values splitted by TC transactions)

- Load data in ICmatching from a file containing data in both TC and LC (such as example above). Instead of loading it from Consolidation Model as it is the starterkit.

However, if I do it this way, I cannot use the ICData program anymore. So I was thinking of rewriting what this program is doing.

Can anyone confirm if this program is only copying data from ICAuditID member INPUT to the members DEBIT1/CREDIT1 and DEBIT2/CREDIT2 ?

Any help or advise would be well appreciated!

Thanks a lot.

Alexandre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I have finally found my solution to manage the IC matching in Transaction currency.

I have added a value TC in the CURRENCY dimension and added to the model ICMATCHING a new dimension (User defined) called ICTCURRENCY.

This dimension contains my transactional currency :T_EUR, T_USD, T_GBP... and have a common PARENTH1 called TC_ALL (in order to have the sum all of them together).

The process is:

I do not push data from Consolidation Model, I load them directly from a flat file woth data such as the example above.

I load my transactions in transactional currency on the proper ICTCURRENCY member and on member TC of CURRENCY

I load my transactions in local currency splitted by original currency on the proper ICTCURRENCY member and on member LC of CURRENCY. This way in TC_ALL, LC I have the total amount of the transaction in LC.

All BS data are loaded on Flow F99 (Closing).

Then I launched ICDATA, which finally works without changing anything. The split Seller/Buyer (DEBIT1/CREDIT1, DEBIT2/CREDIT2) is done for both my transactions in LC and TC.

On remark, I want the conversion to Group currency only be done for the LC values, so I exclude TC from the CURRENCY_SET of CURR_CONVERSION program.

The default currency conversion is done on Flow F15 and pushed to F99 by Force closing option. Now I do not load the F15 anymore so I have added a business rules to convert the F99 flow using the CLO rate.

I hope this will help anyone trying to achieve the same need.

Regards,

Alexandre