Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI track just to check-in, check-out code

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I want just want to have some code in a central repository with versioning functionality . I don't have a requirement to build the code, so I want to know if I can go for NWDI-->Creation of tack. Please let me know if below basic steps are correct.

1) Creation of track in NWDI

2) Create a SC (Software component) under the track in NWDI

3) Download the SC to your local (NWDS)

4) Create a DC under the SC in NWDS ( SC which has been downloaded from NWDI track to your local)

5) Put your java code in these DCs (I am not bothered about their build)

6) Configure your NWDS with NWDI (Connection)

7) Check-in the code to NWDI

Any steps I am missing or any here are any corrections in the above steps needed ? Please guide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do need to clarify whether you do need to use the 'Component Model'.

If you do not need it - use only DTR & nothing else from the NWDI. However then you will not be able to use neither DC nor SC. It will not be possible to create SCA neither.

The developers create Eclipse projects and develop them with the help of NWDS. In order to share source code, the Design Time Repository is used.

Regards

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

I infact do not need SC & DC as well. My code is simple....java file which will be compiled and wrapped into jar files. These jar files are going to be uploaded into IPC engine of CRM. So the whole purpose is to put the code in some repository. I can use only NWDI because my BASIS team here said non-sap will not be supported by them.

Now, since my knowledge in NWDI is not much great, I am under assumption till now that all development needs to happen only by crating a SC & DC. So do you mean that we can have a track and put code directly in the track....without creating any SC under the track ?

Please advice. Thanks.

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is the scenario you do need DC & SC as well. As far as I understand your customizations will work together with other SAP functionalities.

One may not put their software code directly in a development track. You do need a DC which will be part of SC, which will be part of the track.

SAP NetWeaver Java related products in CRM use the Component Model approach for developing software. Hence I am afraid you will have to create:

1. a track with the necessary SC dependencies defined,

2. import this track in the NWDS,

3. a DC in an activity (in NWDS),

4. add you customizations there,

5. release this activity,

6. consolidate in CMS,

7. assemble - you will receive SCA,

8. which eventually you will deploy on your RTS.

Regards

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no track, no sc,

you can use dtr directly, if your developer knows how to

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If they directly deploy thier custiomizations, made without the usage of Software Component model, they will have a lot of fun.

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I mentioned above,..I dont have to it. I dont need a .sca file. I just need to have my code in NWDI repository ... just check-in and check-out options....thats it.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this case see my answer (and help.sap.com link) below.

Regards,

Ervin

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for your case why bother to use nwdi? svn, git, .......

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can use only NWDI because my BASIS team here said non-sap will not be supported by them.