pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant

Hi All

I m using Tcode-ABZON with following details-

New Asset

Doc date- 09/01/2015

Posting Date- 09/01/2015

Asset Value Date- 12/01/2014

Asset value date and posting date are not in same fiscal year Message no. AAPO126

I understand it indicates my FIAA 2014 is closed & Asset Value Date should be in 2015.

Any option for me without opening up FIAA 2014?

Regards

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Tiger_007
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

for this asset you can create asset using post capitalization date in AS01 and enter capitalization date as last year and use depreciation key with base method option curb i.e. base method 0009. so, system will post dec-2014 and jan-2015 depreciation in Jan-2015.

regards

srini

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

I don't think so. Pls try this. My base method is 0009 with key LINA.

a) Do a posting through ABZON with Asset Value Date 01/01/2015. Run depreciation (test). Note down the values.

b) Now change capitalization date & ordinary depreciation start date to may be 01/12/2014. Run depreciation & you will see no difference between values after changes at ordinary depreciation date.

Regards

Pankaj

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

pls check out transaction ABNAN. This allows you to create a post-capitalization.

Good luck,

Michael

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

How it is possible with ABNAN? I think Post-capitalization is used to increase the APC value of a fixed asset that was posted in the previous fiscal year.

Can you pls give steps? Currently we are creating new asset through ABZON which should start depreciating from 2014 (AA year 2014 is closed).

Regards

Pankaj

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Unfortunately ABNAN did not worked with transaction type 400 or 401.

I put Doc Date & posting date as 09/01/2015 & Orig Value Date as 11/25/2014. Although at Asset Master Date Capitalization date & Acquisition Date is 11/25/2014. Ordinary Depreciation Date is 12/01/2014. At Asset Explorer the Asset Value Date is 01/01/2015 (looks strange).

I ran depreciation with start date as 12/01/2014 as well as 01/01/2015 which showed same result.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

What is your requirement to be used value date in closed year? Please explain clearly.

Regards,

Mukthar

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar

I received a requirement from client which mentioned they want to create assets (ABZON) with correct asset value date which is in year 2014 not 2015 but system did not allowed it. Further she even posted screen shot of AS02 where she was trying to change capitalization date but mentioned she was trying to change asset value date. I think she is misunderstanding asset value date with capitalization date. In my view even if she changes capitalization date and ordinary depreciation date to 2014 it is not going to affect depreciation run since depreciation is dependent on asset value date which should be in opened FIAA year which is 2015.

P.S If I m not wrong Asset Value date is date which shows current value of asset and is always at posted doc not asset master while capitalization date is date on which asset was first used shown at asset master data.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Asset value date is used to determine dep.calculation date. In ABZON, up to the value date the system will calculate depreciation and also it should be same fiscal year as you maintain as posting date. So if you want to calculate depreciation up to the last fiscal year and do not want to calculate depreciation in current year. First go to asset master data and maintain the period by click on shut down. After that maintain the value date as current year date, then system wont calculate depreciation for current year.

Regards,

Mukthar

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar

I did not get your logic. Why should I shut down my asset? Also I will be calculating my depreciation this year too? May be even if asset value date is in past year we can do a normal or unplanned depreciation. I think this situation is not allowed in SAP.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

The main purpose of value date in ABAON is till which date the depreciation should post and also it wont allow to post with different year.

Regards,
Mukthar

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar

Thanks for your reply.

I m using ABZON not ABAON. In ABZON we are clicking on 'New Asset' & not 'Existing Asset'.

You mentioned 'First go to asset master data and maintain the period by click on shut down. --- If we are creating an Asset simultaneously then I understand it is only possible to go to AS02 only after we do posting.

You also mentioned 'After that maintain the value date as current year date, then system wont calculate depreciation for current year--- I think Asset Value Date is always maintained at line item level of the posted document. For Example- If my Asset Value Date is 01/01/2015 then the depreciation will be adjusted in 2015. But in my view since FIAA 2014 is already closed in our case then it is not possible to use Asset Value Date in closed year 2014.

Regards

Pankaj

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar

I think this is all about capitalization date and Asset Value Date. I think when posting through ABZON Asset Value Date=Capitalization Date.

a) What is difference between Capitalization and Asset Value Date? According to me Capitalization date is date from which asset will be in use and Asset Value Date is value of asset on that particular date.

b) How can we populate capitalization date to 2014 automatically from ABZON (New asset) without changing it from AS02 (possible manually but want to populate it automatically).

Regards

Pankaj

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

1. Capitalization date and value date two are used for different purpose. Capitalization date is your first acquisition posting date of the asset and value date is used for to calculate the depreciation from this date. This date might be capitalization date or some other date.

2. When we post first acquisition for the asset, then it stores the capitalization date. After you do subsequent additions then it never changes automatically, we have to change it manually by AB02.

Regards,

Mukthar

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar

Thanks for the information. One more question if Asset Value Date is used to calculate the depreciation then why if we change capitalization date results in change in depreciation.

Also I think I need to explain to user even if she changes capitalization date to 2014 it won't help as depreciation would be calculated from Jan 15 only since AA year 2014 is closed.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Yes, you are right. If the user changes the capitalization date, then it wont impact on depreciation calculation. However, if the dep.start date change then it will impact on dep.calculation, but the dep.key should be based on useful life. If the dep.key is percentage basis, then there is no impact.

Regards,

Mukthar