cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing POs with restriction between plants

0 Kudos

hello all,

I just want to know what other companies do respect this process:

A plant A from the U.S. buys materials from another plant B in Asia (this plant B is acting as vendor).

The buyers from plant B create another PO to the external vendor to obtain the materials, the reason the buyers from plant A do not create the PO directly to the external vendor from Asia is due to some compliance to the country or something like that (really don't know why)

My question is how can we automate this tedious process and time consuming since to avoid the creating of two PO's

and the email communication between the buyer from the plants to inform that a PO was placed.

and the retyping of the PO from plant b to the external vendor.

Is someone having or had an issue like this?

thanks,

neo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

may be solved my maintaing vednor subrange as external vendor details  .

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether the third party scenario can fulfill your requirement -

1. Plant A to be created as a customer for plant B,

2. Plant B creates a third party sales order with customer as plant A,

3. System generates PR automatically with item category S and delivery address as the address of the customer (plant A).

4. Convert PR to PO and proceed as per normal third party process.

Regards,

AKPT

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This way he may get the goods, but in SAP it does not work, he can't even receive it without order. third party scenario is for external customer and vendor, but not between plants.

I see no chance to get around 2 purchase orders. With good setup of master data it should be possible to automate this process using MRP runs and and a scheduled ME59N to create the orders

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Great...I didnt think about GR!!!

I think he can check the feasibility of automatic PO at the time of GR in plantA, if the multiple PO creation is becoming a tedious process! But if there is a legal restriction in transferring the goods without PO, there wont be any other option other than creating PO in advance!

Regards,

Prasoon

0 Kudos

How can MRP help here?

what master data setup are you suggesting? the special procument between plants?

Thanks,

neo bat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neo,

1) Create a Vendor Master for Plant B at Plant A

2) Maintain Info Record / Outline Agreement

3) Create Source list and set MRP Relevant Indicator for Plant B

4) Also maintain MRP relevant data in your Material Master at Plant A as per your business requirements.

5) When you Run MRP at Plant A for this specific Material, system generates PR and those can automatically be converted into POs in ME59N as per settings.

6) At Plat B also you have to maintain MRP for this Material and have the Vendors as to create POs on them as and when requirement is generated subsequent to PO from Plant A.

Thanks

NR