Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany stock transfer return

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a scenario to map. Please note that I have referred to the forum and SAP notes before writing this discussion. Currently we follow the process as-  in intercompany STO process , if a faulty material was sent or it got damaged in between, then we raise a standard intercompany STO to revert the material back to the supplying plant. Only this case the supplying plant is treated as the receiving plant.

My requirement is I  have to map a return scenario for intercompany STO. I have known of two existing process which are used.

1. Using a return STO (With return indicator) ticked in the purchase order.

2. Using return delivery to vendor (122) via delivery.

I believe scenario 2 does not fit in to this case  as even though intercompany STO can be treated as a standard PO (where we don't need item category as U),  so return delivery fits into it. But at the same time I see that once  I move the material outside the plant premises via 122 , the process ends up with a credit note generation. The concern here is even though the material belongs to different company code but still it has to be acknowledged for its receipt back into the plant (which was the supplying plant). With 122 I could not map it properly.

Here  is the steps I did for the STO:

1. Created a intercompany PO --> did VL10d -->did vf01 --> j1iin --> MIGO (101)(wrt to outbound delivery ) --> return delivery 122 via delivery--> in background system generated a delivery with transaction as RLFS. So I see that I have successfully moved out the material from the receiving plant. But it shows in MB5T as open. Now I am unable to  receive the same  in the receiving plant(which is actually the supplying plant).

Is there any way I can finish this process by receiving it back to supplying plant?

Regards,
J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kaushal_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos
former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kaushal.

I have referred to this blog earlier also and was able to create return STO via 161 through return PO.

My concern is can I end the process with 122. I am unable to end it. after doing 122 I am unable to receive the material at the receiving plant ( which is actually the supplying plant.)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the "Alternative B: Return delivery using Transaction MBRL" in the note: 489543 - Consulting: Return delivery for stock transport order

Regards,

AKPT

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasoon AK,

Thank you. It really helped me. The VL09 part was not known to me. I was able  to remove the MB5T stock in transit  via VL09. But it draws me to a query as given below:

This being an intercompany scenario,643 got generated when I moved the material from supplying plant. I was rather expecting to receive the Goods back to supplying plant based on the RLFS delivery number that got generated in background via 122. Instead I had to reverse the billing vf03, j1iin and then run VL09 which reverse the 643 movement type  to create 644 movement type material document which is like not completing the full end to end link after 122 return to delivery.

it would be extremely helpful for me if the point raised above can be discussed for a better clarification.

Regards,

J

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

no answers  to the query !!!

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of my knowledge, you have to cancel the billing and excise invoice before cancelling the PGI, since excise also involved! The return delivery document can not post as a GR for the supplying plant!

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Receive the damaged ones into QI stock / Blocked stock in the Receiving Plant and then Return back to Issuing Plant.

Thanks

NR

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

I have already returned via 122 return delivery against intercompany STO. How am I suppose to receive it back in the supplying plant?