Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple account assignment with 1800 cost centers

Former Member
0 Kudos

MY DEAR SAP TEAM

Kindly advise.....

I have a scenario where i want to procure and apportion the cost to 1800 cost centers. I have explored the option of multiple account assignment in the PO but this option still proves to be slow in data entry considering the number of account assignment objects on the ground.

what is the best option that i have to speed up data entry into the system?

thankyou.........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

just curious, is the amount high enough that something can be distributed and is not rounded down to zero?

How often do you have such cases?

Maybe it is better to do the distribution to such many cost centers by rules in CO instead of doing it in a purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen.

to be more specific, my client is a bank with many branches they buy for example Fuel or Bank stationery which is charged to the 1800 cost centers in the Bank. They have an average of 50 transactions of that kind posted in every month.

How can this be achieved using rules in CO, which path should i follow?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't believe that it is a common practice in a bank sector to create purchase orders like this.

That is even not cost efficient to maintain such many account assignment items in a purchase order. It is further only possible if you do this by allocation of the exact costs instead of percentage, since you have only 100% to distribute, and 100% divided by 1800 items is 0.05555555555 per cost center, in other words very inaccurate.

Such items are usually overhead costs, bought to a single cost center and distributed from here to others, see details in the docu: Distribution - Overhead Cost Controlling (CO-OM) - SAP Library, ask you CO colleague how you can organize this. A PO is certainly not the right place in case of that many cost centers.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep all data in excel for 1800 cost centers to create PO.

Discuss with ABAPer and go for custom t.code to create PO with  BAPI_PO_CREATE1.

Refer SAP Notes
420332,  1497158  and 2114353

Regards,

Biju K

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ngonidzashe,

I recommend to set up an actual distribution cycle (see transaction KSV1). Use Transaction
KSV5 to execute actual distribution during monthly closing process.

Good luck

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to distribute the cost of a PO item among 1800 cost centers ! - Is my understanding of the question right? Please confirm.

Thanks

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i can confirm, i have to distribute the cost of a PO item among 1800 cost centers.