cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inherited task profile and data access profile lost for team users after transport

former_member234306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're using BPC 10.0 CPMBPC 801 SP 9 on SAP BW 731 SP 14.

In our Dev system we made a change to a Task Profile to add a task. The Task Profile is associated with a team.

The team members are different between our development environment and our Production environments. There are few users with access to Development.

We transported both the Task Profile and the team to Production.

After the transport in Production the users associated with the Team all lost their inherited Task profiles and data access profiles. We had to remove them from the team and re-add the team for the inherited tasks and data access to be reinstated.

Did this problem occur because I transported the team and I should have only transported the changed Task Profile?

Thank you,

Susan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

Please run this program “UJT_AFTER_FAIL_PROCESS” and check for any errors.

Also,  Do not add a normal transport and a deletion transport for the same

environment into one customizing request. See SAP note 1583670.

Hope it helps.

Deepak BM

former_member234306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for your response. I ran “UJT_AFTER_FAIL_PROCESS” and there were no errors. It listed the import of the team and the task profile but there was a warning about a missing directory. I also ran SLG1 and it also showed that the task profile and team were successfully imported.

I've looked at the note you mentioned.  Is there a way to determine the technical names so I can compare if they are different? If they were different, wouldn't I have gotten an error? I looked at the BPC objects in BW through RSA1 but I don't see anything security or team related.

Should I have deleted the task profile before moving it? I've been looking through the SAP notes but I'm not seeing clear directions for that. It's likely I might need to make another change to a task profile, so I want to make sure I do it correctly next time.

I don't think I should have moved the team since the team members are not the same between Dev and Prod environments. I'm not sure if that move was what caused the problem. What do you think?

Best regards,

Susan