cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Headings

0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have requirement to prevent the users from editing the row and column headings in a report. Could you please let me know if there is any possible way to do this through EPM, as we can not make them through excel functionality(as users can disable it with ease).

Regards,

Madhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Madhav,

Protect the sheet EPM- Sheet Options - Protection.

Shrikant

0 Kudos

Thanks Jadhav,
I would check this. This would mean the users would be able to edit the rest of the cells and the cells with headers would not be editable right?

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

You have to lock the required header cells in formatting sheet.

Formatting sheet - Right click on cell - EPM - > Lock the cell.

Then protect the sheet.

Shrikant

0 Kudos

Hi Jadhav,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for delay in response.

I have checked this, but it is not working.I suspect if I am doing it wrong, could you please show me what exactly needs to be done.

-Madhav

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please explain what you are doing! Are you able to format headers with some color? Then perform the same but "Lock cell"

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

In formatting sheet I am right clicking on the Label fields and then would select on Lock Selected Cells, followed by protecting the workbook in Sheet Options.
This works for the first worksheet and it isn't working for the other worksheets in the workbook. I have check respective sheet option, and I see them protected(as I have selected protect workbook in sheet options).

Thanks,

Madhav

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have the same formatting sheet for all sheets in the workbook?

0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

yes, I have the same formatting sheet for all them.

Regards,

Madhav

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you are doing something wrong... It's easy to make a mistake if you use multiple formatting lines in the formatting sheet. Start with a simple 2 sheet report and use only "Default Format" for row and column. Then add complexity!

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I am not sure what went wrong. When I had created a new report and followed the same procedure, it worked.

Many thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Madhav

Answers (0)