Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Business Transaction Variant

ratana_pouy
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I post MIRO, an error message popup: "Item category 40100 is not listed here, this is not allowed item category within business transaction variant 0300/0001."

i go to t-code: GSP_VD  to add item category 40100, a message show up:

"Choose the key from the allowed namespace"

i enter then save it, but, system doesn't save it.

Please help to solve this issue.

Best Regards,

Rtn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197737
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratana,

Follow these steps:

1) Go to transaction GSP_VPD

2) Select business transaction 0300,

3) Select accounting transaction variant

4) Copy variant 0000 to Z000

5) Add item category 04200 to Z000 variant

6) Go to transaction GSP_VZ3

7) Assign new Z000 variant to corresponding document types related with business transaction 0300.

Best regards!

PS: After this, you should also consider adjusting splitting rule with new transaction variant.

ratana_pouy
Participant
0 Kudos

hi mgitur,

I have tried ur steps, and add new item category. Once i save the data then get back, system doesn't save as expected and no any error msg.

Do u have another solution?

Best regards!

former_member197737
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratana,

You are right, my mistake. I'm sorry.

You can not add an item category that does not exist in original businees transaction (see OSS 1492963 and 1085921 Section 2.9)

You should create a new variant for unespecified posting business transaction (0000). This new variant should be similar to exiting one for 0300/0001. Then assign the unespecified business transaction with the new variant to the document types you want.

Also consider document splitting rules.

Best regards!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratana,

I think system is trying to post cash discount while MIRO posting and the transaction variant does not have the discount item category, due to this it is throwing error. You cannot add the item category for the standard variants. However, you can change the item category for the cash discount GL account as expense in the classify GL accounts for item category configuration, after that do the posting.

Regards,

Mukthar