cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems deploying Crystal Reports VS2008 on remote production server (Windows 2012 R2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with a VB.net desktop application that was created in Visual Studio 2008.  The application resides on a Windows 2012 R2 remote server that a number of users access via shortcut.  The application uses Crystal Reports VS2008 (Version 10.5) to generate a standard report.  CRRedist2008_x86.msi has been installed on the server and the application and report generation work fine when I remote in and execute them directly.  However, I am receiving the following error when attempting to generate the report from any remote machine that does not have CRRedist2008_x86.msi installed locally: "Could not load file or assembly ‘Crystal Decisions.Shared, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=netural, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."  I want my users to be able to leverage the Crystal Reports Runtime installed on the remote server so that I do not have to install it on each of their machines.  I have read that CR VS2008 is not compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2 so I'm wondering if that may be part of the issue.  However, the report functions fine on the server itself so I can't see how that's the case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jesse,

When you say Remote is you Server Citrix server so each user has his own space to run your application? If not only one person will be able to run the app at one time.

Also, I'm not sure if that is the correct redist package, I believe that is for CR 2008 and not VS 2008.

I believe the runtime is in the MS folder here that needs to be distributed

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\BootStrapper\Packages\CrystalReports

Don

Answers (0)