cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use crystal report viewer to open RPTR with parameter ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If any one know how to open RPTR with user defined the parameter in crystal report viewer 2013 please tell me ...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are looking to have the user change the parameter, causing the report to re-query the database, it's not possible.  By it's nature, .rptr files are read-only and will not re-query the database.

If you're trying to let the user filter the data that has already been pulled into the report, you would run it with a default that would, for example, bring in ALL of the data without any filters.  You can then set the parameter to be "editable" in the viewer, add the parameter to the "saved data selection formula" as Abhilash suggests, and then set the parameters/group pane to be visible in the viewer.  This should let your users change the filter without rerunning the report.

-Dell

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dell, at least one of the 3rd-party Crystal Reports Viewers (see list at Crystal Reports Viewers, Schedulers and Related Products) can refresh data for .rptr files. This includes the ability to prompt for parameter values.

The data refresh limitation is not an rptr limitation -- it is a limitation of the SAP Crystal Reports Viewer.  3rd-party Crystal Reports viewers don't suffer from that limitation.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ido, that's good to know!

-Dell

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there are any tools from sap crystal report 2011 to convert reports from RPT to RPTR because i have to convert more than 1000 report.     

if not i will do it one by one maybe it take 1 month

THanks ,,,,,,

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At least one of the 3rd-party Crystal Reports viewers can automate exporting reports to rptr (or to an alternative protected format).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the help i tried 3rd-party and it work

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Belal,

You'd need to save the report with data and move the selection formula (that includes the prompts) to the 'saved data selection formula'.

-Abhilash