cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Valid To" Date at BOM Header level

former_member184595
Active Participant

Hi,

I would like to know how to set a "Valid To" Date at BOM Header level other than "12/31/9999".

By Default,system is giving "Valid To" Date as "12/31/9999". We can change "Valid To" Date using change number for BOM Components.

I used change number for setting "Valid To" at BOM Header, but i am not able to change the "Valid To" Date at BOM header.

I had searched this forum, but i could not find any thread related to changing "Valid To" Date at BOM header level.

Appreciate, if anyone came cross this requirement, please suggest me how to change "Valid To" Date at BOM header Level either with Change number or without change number.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor

Aditya,

Identical issue has been resolved by Namratha through discussions here. Perhaps you missed this :

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

former_member184595
Active Participant

KJogeswaraRao,

I have already checked that thread,that thread shows only how to change validity date for a BOM components level.

I am looking for changing "Valid To" Date at BOM Header level other than Date "12/31/9999".

Appreciate, if anyone came cross this requirement, please suggest how to change "Valid To" Date at BOM header Level either with Change number or without change number.

Thanks in advance.

ameya_beri
Active Contributor

Dear Aditya,

This is possible using ECM (Engineering change management).

First check the BOM in display mode and find out the current change number in the header

Next create a new change number with a specific valid from date in future, and change the BOM using

it.

The valid to date, will change to the valid from date of the second change number.

Please see an example below, change number 38985 is valid from 03-Oct-2015, and 38986 is valid from 29-Oct-2015. So on the current date, the BOM valid from and to date is changed.

If you open the BOM using CS03, without any dates, then you would see all the valid from and valid to dates, the last one will be valid to 9999, which is derived internally by SAP (Sorry for being confusing here )

I hope this solves your query

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

former_member184595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya Beri,

Thanks a lot for your correct suggestion. Excellent Answer.

This is the correct solution, Immediately i replicated it in my TST system, it worked out.

I checked in SDN before posting this thread,though there are couple of threads no one has provided the correct solution for changing "Valid To" Date at BOM header level.

I hope this thread will definitely help a lot more guys.

Thanks a lot for your time and guidance. Happy Weekend.

Answers (0)