cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Account Number value MISMATCH in master data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day All,

I checked online banking, OUTSIDE of LSMW (sap). on banking website in my online banking (ebanking) profile and there I have a little different bank account number value than what the following is showing me:

SE37

Input CONVERT_IBAN_2_BANK_ACCOUNT

Input IBAN in I_IBAN

Bank account number is shown in E_BANK_ACCOUNT

The difference is that here in E_BANK_ACCOUNT is on first position number zero (0). But in online banking profile I have bank account number for one position (charachter/digit) shorter because first position is missing.

Example:

Near E_BANK_ACCOUNT is: 0012345678

In online banking and on account activity monthly statement is: 012345678

Which bank account number value do I have to use in master data? E_BANK_ACCOUNT or what says in online banking?

Warm regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when working with IBAN the bank account number may be considered as "for internal use", so leading zeroes have little importance. When sending payments, bank account number is converted into IBAN and the bank will see the IBAN only.

If you are using electronic bank statement: if the bank is using IBAN in bank statement, you have no problem. If it is using bank account number, it is better to have the same as the bank, but if it's not the case, it is possible to fill "Alternative acct no." in FI12 (T012K-BNKN2).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henri in the master data I still have to use bank account number and not just IBAN value. Are you saying it doesn't matter if I use 0012345678 or 012345678? Deepak Dalvi said I need to use what is in online banking and not what is in SE37 near E_BANK_ACCOUNT. But I don't think the SE37 provides wrong value. Furthermore the following website:

http://www.theiban.com/validate.php

provides exactly the same bank account number value as SE37. So I don't think that both would be wrong one. However in online banking (financial institution's website) is still a little, very little, different value for bank account number. Two zeros in front instead of one.

For countries that don't belong to IBAN, I use bank account number as said on activity statement. For countries that belong to IBAN, I would prefer to use SE37. Are you saying I can choose either se37 source (and/or theiban.com source) OR does it have to be bank account number value located in online banking (account activity statement)? Deepak Dalvi said it has to be that one in online banking. However you indicated that it might not be important which would mean I can choose what to use. The payment didn't go through, it could be reason that account wasn't identified due to this problem.

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the country is using IBAN, the payment should be done using IBAN, and not the old bank account number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, you are saying if country is IBAN then I should NOT use Bank Account Number value but IBAN value instead. If country is NOT IBAN then I should use Bank Account Number value instead of IBAN value. Understandable, but in what situations would I use E_BANK_ACCOUNT of CONVERT_IBAN_2_BANK_ACCOUNT of SE37 then?

former_member626853
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

You need to use bank account number 012345678 in master data of bank. Whenever you make transaction with your bank e.g.  vendor payment or received payment your bank will refer account number 012345678.

You need to correct account number#0012345678 maintain in your system.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak Dalvi so you are saying I need to use bank account number in online banking and NOT bank account number said, as a value, near E_BANK_ACCOUNT in command SE37 ?

Why am I getting wrong value from SE37 then? How would I fix that? Is there any list that tell for every single IBAN country (even senegal, iran, burundi, cameroon, french polynesia, mayotte, isle of man, etc) what is correct number of characters in bank account number? This list would help me understanding where is incorrect part of value being provided in SE37.

former_member229024
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Check the OY17 settings for the respective bank country. Specifically the bank account number length. The prefix '0' is added in case the bank number is less than the length specified here.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravish Prabhu you misunderstood my question. Kindly read it again. I am asking which bank account number should I use in master data in said situation as described in above post. The one near E_BANK_ACCOUNT (from SE37) or the one said within online banking application on financial institution's website? This was my question. I didn't ask where to check bank account number length.