cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer standard material (S) to moving average price (MAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

If material ledger active ,

Is it possible transfer standard material to moving average price ?

And material ledger can post ML document with error in post step?

Regards.

Ali Mirnia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I think that your question is not clear whether you  carry out a transfer postings from  material with standard price to other material with MAP or you only change price control from standard price to MAP for material with standard price.

In case of the first scenario, It is possible. But It is impossible to roll up price difference from material with standard price to other material with MAP using material ledger closing.

In case of the second scenario, refer to sap help portal site Changing the Type of Price Control - Actual Costing/Material Ledger (CO-PC-ACT) - SAP Library.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Choi

this link is very good .in the link have one sentence, can you explain with an example.

• From moving average price to standard price

If the standard price comes from costing and is not equal to the moving average price

Ali

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akbar

I think you did not see my earlier post..the same thing I have mentioned that you can change standard price to MAP any time..but MAP to standard not possible if your material having standard cost released in costing view 2 and not equal to present MAP of your material.

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Refer to the below one example.

In case of receiving the cost of sales in Profitability Analysis (CO-PA) from CO-PC using Valuation function, You will meet error message “No exits standard cost”  when you execute billing transaction.

Because you only change from moving average price to standard price  instead of calculating standard cost using Cost estimate function.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can do it any time.

By CKMM.

The combination is like: 2V or 3S.

Note if you change to 2V, then material ledger is only for record purpose. There will not be post closing for the material in CKMLCP.(it's not selected)

Best Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Using MR21 transcation, you can change material price either at header level or batch level.

Transcation code : MR21

Enter Material and Plant

Enter new price.

If batch is create for your material, enter batch number also.

But, it will create accounting documents for price change.

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akbar

Yes you can change Standard Price to Moving Av Price as Price control when ML is active but remember again from MAP to Standard is not possible.

When you change S to V it replace the standard price to MAP and accordingly valuate the stock.

Kamal