cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a new table to a report if tables are already linked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need your assistant and help in adding a new table to the existing crystal report. The current report has 3 tables called "DealsA", "DealsB" and "DealsC". I am linking "DealsA" and "DealsB" with a field deal_no from "DealsA" to  deal_no in "DealsB" and the link type is left outer join. Then, I am linking "DealsB" with "DealsC" with deal_no field from "DealsB" to deal_no in "DealC" and the link is left outer join.

Now, I have a requirement to add a table called "Entry" and to link it with "DealsA", so the link will be "DealsA" from the field deal_no with the field entry_id from the "Entry" table and again the link should be left outer join. After doing this I got the error:

Database Connector Error: 'If tables are already linked then the join type cannot change.'

And the report will not work. So can you please assist in solving this. I tried the below query and link in Toad and it is working, however in the Crsytal Reports it is not.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best way to understand your links is to learn how to diagram them. 

That way you can better "see"  the relationships and spot the problems

Without knowing the exact relationship between all the tables my guess is that you should

set up your tables with the entry table as the Primary table.

Then link all the another tables to the primary table.

P to > A

P to > B

P to > C

It is not necessary ( or allowed ) to Link A to B  or B to C in this scenario.  That's what the error message is trying to tell you

Answers (0)