cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow issue with POWL FITV_POWL_APPROVER

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are using POWL for travel request approval which has the ABAP WD as 'FITV_POWL_APPROVER' attached to it. If an action is triggered (i.e. Approve or Reject) from POWL, it doesn't update my custom workflow.

Object class attached to POWL 'CL_FITV_POWL_TRIPS_TOBEAPPROVE' doesn't seems to have code to interact with workflow and update actions in it. All it does is update the trip status by calling the FM 'BAPI_TRIP_CHANGE_STATUS' and sends EMAIL.

Please confirm couple of things:

1) Is POWL 'FITV_POWL_APPROVER' capable of updating actions in custom workflow? If yes, what will be the configration steps of it?

2) What is the use of SWFVISU? Is it anywhere related with POWL?

3) Does maintaining an employee list using transaction: FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_S or FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_M will help?

Thanks

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

1. If you are using custom workflow you have check the event which triggers in SWEL tcode which event is trigger after clicking on approve or reject button.

2. There is no relation between SWFVISU and POWL. SWFVISU is used for UWL only.

Thanks

Nishant

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Thanks for suggesting the way to trace the event using SWEL which has helped to get into some conclusions:

POWL WD application for travel management to approve trips 'FITV_POWL_APPROVER' uses event 'REQUESTAPPROVED' while the events used in UWL and in SAP is 'REQUESTCREATED' and hence the workflow status is not moving further after approval/rejection. Eventhough I have tried to add this event in first step of workflow but still it is not helping. Reasons are:

1) A new workflow is starting every time when trip is approved from POWL because events are the first step in workflow processing.

2) My custom workflow has multiple level of approvals which POWL will not be able to handle.

3) POWL always updates the trip status due to the event it is using which means my trip status will be approved ir-respective of multiple levels in approval.

4) Maintaining employee list using FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_S or FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_M is of no help as for one employee I can have multiple Manager approvers like: Scenario 1: When employee creates a trip, it should go to the Line manager. Scenario 2: When trip is approved and goes for approval of per diems it should go to ER Manager. In both the scenarios, I have to maintain Line Manager and ER Manager for this employee which means: when my workflow is triggered for Per diems it will start appearing in POWL task list of both the managers which is wrong. It should only be appearing in ER manager POWL for approval.

Thanks

Gaurav

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

1. Are you working on Travel Request or Travel expense. ? Please let me clear first.

2. While approving through UWL, I think there are two events that is triggered . Please correct me if I am wrong,

1. Request created.

2. Request Approved.

Please check all the below points.

Let me clear some more points regarding UWL.

1. UWL is used for approving the travel request. When you are going some deep concept in TRAVEL Request and expense. There are three type of status

1. Travel Request Status

2. Processing status.

3  Travel Expense status.

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Process is first travel request and then the travel expense so we have different workflows to handle both. In travel request wf we have multiple levels of approval which we are handling using UWL and is working fine. But the same functionality is required for POWL as well because of which did all this investigation since POWL is not updating my workflow status.

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (0)