Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS BW RSA1 Error RFC

mv1985
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was able to register the program id at the gateway, now in SM59 connection test is OK. But in BW->RSA1-> Source system-> dataservice when I create connection ( save @ back ), I am again getting this error :

On clicking Help buttons at repository or job server, getting this error. Pl help.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you check with the SAP BASIS team and make sure that you have implemented necessary functions which are necessary to establish a RFC connection between SAP BW and SAP BODS.

From the error we can see that Function ModuleRSBOBJDS_REPOSITORY_GET_LIST is missing

Regards

Arun Sasi

mv1985
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

We are very new to this, there was some problem with Program registration in Gateway which basis team has done and RFC connection test is okay...but it error comes ( as in first screenshot ) when I try to select REPOSITORY through F4.

Another thing please clear :

1. In Data Service Designer, I have just created two datastores for mysql table and BW target. What else needs to be done at Designer level ? I guess I am missing few things there ?

2 .In Data service management console, the RFC service is green.

thanks

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find the answers in line

Please make sure that the function module is installed by the BASIS Team.

1. In Data Service Designer, I have just created two datastores for mysql table and BW target. What else needs to be done at Designer level ? I guess I am missing few things there?

-- I assume that your Source database is MySQL and Target Db is SAP BW target objects like DataSource etc. You need to create job which will contain data flows with mappings to load the SAP BW Target structures. You need to import the BW target structures in your BW Target datastore before you load them using a BODS job.

Please go through below documents

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48917

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-52808

2 .In Data service management console, the RFC service is green.

--If RFC service is showing as Green in colour that means it is properly configured between SAP BW and BODS. You need to test this by running a sample job by pulling a sample data from SAP BW or try importing a DatSource object from SAP BW Target structure. If there is no error while importing the RFC is working fine and you are good to go.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes

Regards

Arun Sasi

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any update!!