Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant name change - Issue

former_member558482
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client wants to change the plant name. when I change name of the plant via OX10 its getting changes all previous closed documents like PR, PO, GR and all FI related documents. but client wants to be only new documents should be name changed plant name.

if any possible to restrict all old documents with previous plant name ?

kindly help on this. I couldn't find solution in SCN forum.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may be talking about Plant code (If its about name, very easy and the previous posts are true).

If you want to change the Plant code;

SPRO - Enterprise Structure - Definition - Logistics General - Define, Copy, Delete check plant - Copy, Delete, check plant.

Then click on "Replace Org Object".

In the first box provide the Plant to be replaced (current Plant code) and in the below box Provide your proposed new Plant code and Execute.

That's it.

Thanks

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might have got my point wrong.........

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of my knowledge, its standard behavior, since the system reads the plant name from T001W table dynamically. There is no valid from option for a new name and hence if you change the name in OX10, it will update in T001W - NAME1 and the same will be displayed even for old documents.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"but client wants to be only new documents should be name changed plant name."

If you have recently changed your name in the HR Database to Mohamed Haris from Mohammed Harish, And, if you would like to view any old document what name will it show?

However, before changing it, you can ask client to take all the Old Documents Print Out and let them know that once changes to name is done it will reflect new name only.

Why to go for a unnecessary Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plant name is irrelevant for all documents because in all tables only plant code has been linked. So if you will change the description of plant code then it will be reflected in all documents.

There is no concept of validity period i.e. from date and to date.

Regards

Ajay Goel