cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Entries not getting cleared while creating new transactions.

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a common issue with most of the transactions(Accounts/leads/opportunities etc

I create a transaction(Ex:say lead,I give sold-to-party,dates,parties involved etc.) , complete the transaction,save it.

Next when I want to create another lead,the sold to party entry I gave in the previous transaction appears in this new transaction ,Meaning apart from some default values of the transaction (like status etc) sold-to-party  also shows up in the new transaction.For this reason I have to manually delete it and give new entry.

Similarly in Accounts Management some fields remain on screen even when I create new accounts.

I checked in different browsers.Issue persist.

Why is this happening.Can somebody suggest?

Regards

Jaya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayalakshmi,

Could you please check following scenario.

Create the order/BP->Save it->Go to display mode and go back. Now create once again. This time it shouldn't occur. I believe your issue is with auto save. If you navigate from the page while in edit mode, it will save the old entries and show next time. To avoid this, two notes are there.

1. 2180707 - Automatic Save:Notify user with a dialog before restoring data

2. 2104051- 2104051 - Provide ways to turn off AutoSave feature

Please let me know still if you face the issue.

Thanks,

Faisal

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Thanks for the response.

Create the order/BP->Save it->Go to display mode and go back. Now create once again. This time it shouldn't occur.(yes right)

In second case (navigate from the page while in edit mode, it will save the old entries and show next time,) Its not showing any old entries now.

Most of the times in my case after transaction is saved/transaction left in the middle, entries are being retained.

Unable to understand why only some entries are retained like(sold to party in case of lead,payment terms in case of account creation )

I find the second note helpful.(2104051).Will check and update.

Regards

Jaya.

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayalakshmi,

This is because of SAP enabled auto save of field if it's left in between edit mode expecting the data is lost because of browser crash. Hopefully the note should resolve the issue. Please check and come back as you usually don't come back later.

Thanks,

Faisal

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Note 2104051 worked for me.

Closing thread.

Regards

Jaya.

Answers (0)