cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Manual Journal Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I notice that in the YTD model, the manual journal posting must be copied and re-post every month otherwise the value will not be captured in the next period.  It doesn't look practical. My client will not be happy if I tell them about this. What is the practical way to achieve this? In SEM BCS, you don't have to do copy and post everymonth.

The balance carry forward also doesn't carry it to the next year eventhough I have copied and posted it until December. I have maintained in the auditrail dimension to allow the carry forward for this manual adjustment.

P.S: I use manual journal posting in YTD Financial Model.

Thanks for your sharing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a YTD model all data in every month needs to reflect the YTD postion. So if you post a journal in January it only applies to January. To have the journal in February, you need to copy it to February. This is how YTD models work.

You can easily copy all journals from one month to another, simply make a selection in the web that shows all journals, highlight all and then copy.

You will need to do this for every period you are working with. From Jan to Feb, form Feb to Mar, from Mar to Apr etc. The carry forward business rule also needs to be executed for every period, it automatically carries data from the year end period in the prior year to the current period. This can be journal and non journal data, in either case you need to run it for every period in the current year.

Br,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnorld,

As far as I understand, Balance carry forward will only be executed once a year i.e in period 01 for YTD model. Why do we need to execute it every period? There is nothing to be carried forward if you execute it every period because by default the system will carry last period in last year only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a YTD model if you want to work in all 12 periods, the opening balance needs to be populated for every period. Unlike a periodic model where a value in period 1 is automatically present in periods 2 to 12 as well, in a YTD model a value in period 1 only shows up in period 1. So, an opening balance in period 1 has no impact on period 2 to 12.

The carry forward is always done from period 12 of the prior year, so the opening value doesn't change throughout the year. But it still needs to be copied/entered into every period.

BR,

Arnold

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, the manual journal posting is carried forward to the next year. So it means I have to copy and post the manual journal posting to the next period within the year only. Am I right?

Thank you