Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP system Decommission on IBM I

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to decommission SAP system in IBM I machine. Please guide me what all things I have to do and what all libraries I need to delete for that? Do I need to do any deletion manually? Is there any tool to do the process?

Please guide me with any useful stuff.

Thanks & Regards,

Amarnath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath

You can uninstall the SAP system using the SWPM tool

or you can manually delete the system by using OS commands DLTR3SYS, DLTR3INST

Please see SAP note 936965 - IBMi Deleting SAP systems and Instances

I hope this helps

Regards
Ken

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the Note. Is there any possibility to map IBM box to Windows and do it from GUI. If so please guide me the steps to do it.

Best Regards,

Amarnath.

0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath

No you wont be able to do it from a mapped drive. You need to logon at OS level (TELNET or 5250)
and run the commands from there. If you choose to use the SWPM tool to delete the system, you still need to start the process at OS level, just like if you were starting a new installation with SWPM.

Regards
Ken

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Could you please guide me how to run SWPN in AS400. I am using IBM I-series Navigator/Emulator to login OS level. Just as similar to 5250.

Best Regards,

Amarnath

0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath

If you are using navigator, you should be able to "Run a command" and then run DLTR3SYS from there as per the note.

Regards
Ken

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Could you please help me how to run SWPM in AS400? How can I get the GUI screen there?

I have mapped the drive to windows box. Downloaded SAR files for AS400. I have uncared it from AS400 box.

Please guide me with this or help me out to get GUI screen in AS400.

Best Regards,

Amarnath

0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath

You run the GUI from the mapped drive on windows. This connects to the backend sapinst process running on the iSeries.

You need to create an installation user, SAPIUSR, to run the installation.

CRTUSRPRF USRPRF(SAPIUSR) PASSWORD(SAP) USRCLS(*SECOFR) TEXT('Test User for SAP Installation') SPCAUT(*USRCLS) LANGID(ENU) CNTRYID(US) CCSID(500) LOCALE(*NONE)

Then you must logon as this user and change directory to the location of the SWPM

CHGCURDIR DIR('SWPM location')

Then start the sapinst process

CALL PGM(QP2TERM) PARM('./sapinst' '-nogui')

Now you can connect with the SAPinst GUI from the windows mapped drive

Regards, Ken

Answers (0)