cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receipt Creation for CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SAP Experts,

May I ask how CTM creates the planned orders. Or how it is computing the start date of a planned order, I have a Sales Order Week 45 and it is creating planned orders in Week 44.

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely, Ria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria

CTM solution will always try to full fill the demand on time. It does not consider any costs as we have in optimizer. CTM will consider the demand date and will start looking for earliest possibility considering the lead times and available modeled capacity.

In case you are using pegging information, you can go to RRP3 product view in pegging view to have overview how the demand is getting planned. In you above case might be you have GR time which is considered due to which you planned order in 44 wk and demand i.e. sales order in 45 wk.

I hope this information will help you. Please let us know if you require any additional information.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Currently we do not have any GR/GI processing time. Is there other reason why this is so? Also, I noticed that there are buckets wherein I have supply shortage but CTM did not create any orders, Resource capacity is also way below.. around 30%.

Thanks again for your support.

Sincerely, Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, is it normal that the Production Horizon is fixed. Say if I have 7 days Prod Horizon, and it is Tuesday today, the end of the Prod Horizon is still on Sunday. Is there a way to make it moving when using CTM?

Thanks again! Sincerely, Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Regarding your first topic, do you have sales order on Monday and Planned order on Friday with time stamp 23:59:59. If yes then you could have this famous topic about 1 sec delay due to which demand and supply is getting differentiated by a bucket which could be a week in your case.

Please play around with planning parameters which could be defined at CTM profile level.

Regarding planning period, you can also define Planning start using Time stream on CTM profile. This planning period will be kind of rolling one. Please cross check from your side if this helps you to achieve the respective results.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

We currently have a Time stream set up in our profile. But would just like to ask if we can have something like a moving snp production horizon. Say today is tuesday, and I have a SNP Prod hor of 7 days in Product Master, then the last day will be Tuesday next week. Currently, we only have a fixed Monday to Sunday Horizon.So if it is already saturday, I only have 2 days frozen since the 7 days is fixed only from monday to sunday and will be reset on monday again.

Thank you so much for all the replies!

Sincerely, Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria

As per my understanding of SNP horizon and production horizon should be also rolling and will start from the day you are executing the respective planning run. In case you are executing the CTM run on Wednesday the rolling horizon should consider till next Wednesday in case you have production horizon as 7 days.

Please have a look at order creating start parameter on CTM profile. I hope this could also help you. If it helps you have then you can ignore product horizon from product location Master in CTM profile.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol!

Answers (0)