Hierarchy nodes where hierarchy to be obtained from within members

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Bit of a convoluted requirement from me. First of all installation details:

BPC 10.0 NW Sp03

EPM Add in v21 patch 3.

My BPC dimension looks like this.

I am filling this up with master data from a BW infobject. That is successful.. no issues. The members then look like this.

Now, I need to load hierarchies. The BW infobject from where the members are being loaded do not have a hierarchy. The requirement is that the hierarchy can be appropriated from the attributes of the now loaded member. Effectively, the hierarchy node that each member has to be attached to should be a concatenation of the "Org Level3" and "Asset Level4" attributes. To complicate further the concatenation should ignore the "EM-" prefix to either of these prefixes.**(see note 1)

For example, the member COMFAHDF01007 should have a hierarchy attribute of O3P0004O4P0025.

So effectively, I am trying to load from a BW infobject except the BW infobject is the BPC dimension itself which has had master data members created from a previous run of "master data from I/O load".

For this I have tried the following transformation and conversion file, but neither work. The errors I get are:

"Field name /CPMB/R8DCF4M.ORGLVL3 does not exist" or variants of that depending on which transformation file I am using.

Would anyone have any ideas?

Transformation file attached as "transformation file.txt" **(see note 2). I have also tried versions of the transformation attached as trans2.txt and trans3.txt.

Conversion file has a worksheet where PARENTH1 is marked as the top node I want in the BPC hierarchy. I have manually created the top node "ORG3" as a member in the BPC dimension already.

regards

Shrikant

**Note 1 -  I can avoid the "EM-" prefixes by ignoring those during the master data upload directly; so that is not so much an issue. But I was just curious on whether it is possible to create the hierarchy node based on certain portions of the attribute strings.

Note 2 - /CPMB/R8DCF4M is the technical name of the infobject created on BW for the BPC dimension PDO_ENT_01.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no one's got an answer?