cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block dashboard after 3 minutes of inactivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a dashboard with 4 components and I need to hide the components after some time of inactivity. That time I am assuming to be 3 minutes right now(might reduce). I tried using time functions in excel but, have no idea about how I could check on inactivity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Madhura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take the play control component and in maximum limit you can give a higher number ex:10000000000000 and in behavior tab use auto play as enabled and disable the other check boxes. keep the play seconds as 99 throw the data to a particular cell, now right a logic where if the cell value is greater than 10000000000000 then 1 or 0. Now for those four component can point this cell for dynamic visibility for 1.

Hope this help!!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhura,

You may have to write some excel formula that I am not sure about another thing you can try is you can create a web service using java which runs for just 3 minutes and the moment 3 minutes are passed it brings say 0 value.Keep this web service to trigger after every 2 minutes.

Now the moment 0 value is retrieved the component will disappear based on the dynamic visiblity.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I am working on your second suggestion and it seems that the java sample is developed in Eclipse. Would it be possible to develop it using command prompt and run the sample?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhura,

You can refer below document:

-Megha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megha and Suman,

Thanks for your replies.

Megha, that is a helpful information indeed. But, I could not find any clue about how I could set a time-out for a xcelsius file.

Thank you

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did your issue solved ? please revert for more clarity on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Sorry I missed to mention, I actually want a feature like time-outs, such that the dashboard will be locked when no interaction takes place and unlocked as soon as there is some interaction.

Thanks

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think its possible to do this.