cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email alert about the files which have got stuck in FTP Server, the mail should also describe appropriate details about the error.

former_member601528
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a File to IDOC Scenario, in which file format is CSV (comma seperated file). I have a requirement to trigger alerts, if the file got struck in FTP Server.

For example:  I have 10 files lying in FTP Server, out of which 5th file having improper structure, then it's not processing from FTP. Rest all files are processing from FTP to PI Server, as we are using the quality of service: Exactly Once.

PI Communication channel is not picking the file due to wrong structure format. So it's still lying in the FTP Server. Every time correcting the file strcture manually is difficult to the customer.

For this kind of files, i need to develop an alert configuration in PI.Whether it's possible in PI or not ? If it's possible, please suggest your inputs to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aravind,

since the channel is failing for incorrect files,you can configure CBMA alerts.If the channel throws an error mail will be triggered.

Check the below link for configurations

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/25/michals-pi-tips-component-based-m...

former_member601528
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Raghuraman,

The PI Channel is working fine and there is no error in communication channel. it's not throwing any error message. And more over we're using PI 7.0 Version.

Regards,

Aravind

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aravind,

It would have definitely thrown processing error for the incorrect files.

check the below blog for alert config in PI 7.1