cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_DROP_TMPTABLES does not delete obsolete generated program for transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

One of my client run on SAP BW 7.3 SP11 on DB6.

I have a requirement to delete temporary generated programs for transformation where the source (Data Source) and data target (DSO) do not exist any more.

Using the standard sap procedure I tried with the program SAP_DROP_TMPTABLES with check box for generated (Temporary reports) and executed report SAP_UPDATE_DBDIFF.

Still I can see the generated temporary program in SE38 and also in table RSSGTPDIR (Directory of the generated programs).

Question: Is there one have faced similar issue ? If you how to solve this using standard SAP mechanism.

Note: We have already created a low priority ticket with SAP.

Also I have created a program to check the input program name GP* in RSSGTPDIR  (with template as RSTEAN_MASTER_TEMPL, *EXPERT, *MULTI_SEG) and check in RSTRAN if it is related to any transformation. If not delete the program and delete from RSSGTPDIR.

Thanks in advance!!

-J

mifo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have a solution for this problem?

We have a lot of GP-Reports from the PROGCLASS RSAR_ODS_DATA with syntax errors (because used providers are not available anymore). How to get rid of the old GP-Reports?

Thanks in advance!

Br,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I think the following step will work. Not sure about the impact.

• Tcode RSSGPCLA
    • Select the RSTRAN_MASTER_TMPL ( and others as applicable for transformations for exmaple expert routine etc).
    • From the menu delete all the generated program for transformations.
  • Using SE38: Program RSDG_TRFN_ACTIVATE. Select the ACT for object status.
    • This will re-generate the GP for all the active transformations.

Question:

• Is it too risky to do it. because all generated programs will be deleted. Of course this needs to be executed with prior communication and approval during a freeze of loading and other activity.
  • Has any one have experience with this ?

Note: We are still waiting for real answer from SAP.

Thanks,

-J

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest and fastest way is to use RSSGPCLA and then delete the
generated programs ,and also reset the generation flag.
For the trfn template RSTRAN_MASTER_TMPL  it will clean up ALL
Programs which belong to this template. When the generation status is reset, then the next time the transformation is activated/executed, the system regenerates the program.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jugal,

As already mentioned by Frédéric both programs are not useful for this purpose. Program SAP_DROP_TMPTABLES is used for deleting temporary database objects, e.g. interim results from BEx Query processing. Please refer to SAP Note 449891 - Temporary database objects in BW 3.x for more information.

Program SAP_UPDATE_DBDIFF is meant for differences between ABAP Data Dictionary and database.

Although I wonder what could be the root cause of those 6,000 orphaned generated programs, I don't think that it will cause any problem. But I can understand that you prefer to do a clean-up.

Please share how you will proceed and also what SAP's reaction will be.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Sander

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jugal,

Generated programs for transformation (GP*) are not temporary at all. SAP_DROP_TMPTABLES will have no effect on them. As for the SAP_UPDATE_DBDIFF, it concerns inconsistencies between the ABAP dictionnary and the database dictionnary.

To my knowlegde, there is no such utility.and you'd better search to delete the transformation itself rather than the generated program.

Regards,

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

The transformation (including the source and target) are already deleted long ago. Still the generated program do exist (via SE38) and also have entries in the table RSSGTPDIR.

I was wondering is there a standard way to clean up those non applicable/ obsolete generated programs.

Thanks,

-J

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting, so you have orphan GP programs belonging to no transformation.

I'm afraid you will have to do the housekeeping yourself... But it may be interesting to see SAP's answer if you have the courage to raise a message.

Do you have a lot of these orphans ?

Regards,

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

I was able to find around 6K orphaned GP in development environment only.

Have already raised message with SAP.

The Orphaned GP list can be made with simple SQL statement like below. May be helpful for others.

SELECT uni_idc25 progname

INTO CORRESPONDING FIELDS OF TABLE [Internal table name]

FROM rssgtpdir

WHERE uni_idc25 NOT IN ( SELECT tranprog FROM rstran )

AND template = 'RSTRAN_MASTER_TMPL'.

Thanks,

-J