Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement of WBSE leads assigned budget being refreshed

nabeel_bhatty
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When I settle my WBS Element cost using CJ88. The parent level gets all the assigned value and the child's budget is refreshed i.e the assigned value becomes ZERO. This allows me to use the originally allocated budget on the child WBS Element again!!!.

budget allocated and check is enabled at level 6 only, after settlement level 6 assigned value becomes ZERO and all the value is transferred to level 4 (AUC). level 5 and level 4 are controlled through user status NAVC (Budget Check Exempt)

Is it possible to control the Upward movement of assigned value?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are asking to transfer actual cost from one WBS to other, May be FB01/KB11N can be used.

Regards

Shishir

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabeel,

Can you run settlement not under original cost elements and exclude the settlement cost element(s) from availability control?

Thanks,

Paulo

nabeel_bhatty
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanks for reply Paulo,

we run settlement on Settlement Cost Elements, all we want is to stop the exhausted budget to become available again after settlement run. How can we control this??

would be grateful to your reply!!

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabeel,

Not sure you understood what I wrote above, you can specify the settlement cost elements in the OPTK settings.

Regards,

Paulo

nabeel_bhatty
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Paulo!!

we specified the cost elements for exemption from availability control. It is not transferring the cost from Level 6 to Level 4 however the assigned value at level 6 still becomes ZERO and the whole Released budget becomes available again to be used.

For settlement, we have USER STATUS to exempt budget check on level 5 and level 4 which is working fine. our pain point is when the exhausted budget becomes available again after settlement. Is there a way to control that?

Regards,

Nabeel.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabeel,

The only report that can you correctly show the budget is the budget analysis report from CJ31.

When OPTK settings are in the game none of the standard reports will show you correctly the available budget.

In CJ31 select from the menu Extras > Availability Control > Analysis.

Regards,

Paulo

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabeel,

are you trying to transfer cost from level 6 to upper level using settlement.

thanks

Sunil

nabeel_bhatty
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes this is what we are trying to do.