cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Parameters from Dashboard to WebI Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to pass my selection from Dashboard to WebI Report via URL Button. The variable screen prompts but the selected variables in Dashboard are not selected in the report variables

The URL I am using is as follows :

http://<SERVERNAME>:8080/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sIDType=CUID&iDocID=AWuMzywgodFOtZPerVMfZdg&sReferesh=Y

&lsSCompany Code=CompanyName

CompanyName is being selected from an Excel cell via Combo Box.

I need to pass multiple variable as mentioned in the screenshot. Kindly advice.

Thanks & Regards

Mo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the same url but at the last refer the cell where you pass the combo box selected value. Ex if you are passing the values to the cell A1, then change the cell to A1.

http://<SERVERNAME>:8080/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sIDType=CUID&iDocID=AWuMzywgodFOtZPerVMfZdg&sReferesh=Y

&lsSCompany Code="A1"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am able to get my work done to some extended. The issue was that my concatenated URL was in another sheet of excel while selection was in another. Somehow it was not passing the parameter to the sheet where i had concatenated URL. To solve this, I created the concatenated URL in same sheet where i am storing my report variables and it is working.

But now 02 issues.

1. My Company Code is having description that i am passing. For companies having name without spaces (e,g, ABCD) are passing fine. Ones with space (ABC XYZ) are not being passed. I think space and special character are not being passed.

2. Ones that are being passed properly (e.g ABCD and 05.2015) is saying "no data to be retrieved". Although it has data when run separately.   

Any thoughts on this. ?

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the format of the values you are passing, Take a snapshot of the data and check the data. Also check whether its accepting key or text or both ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the way to handle spaces or special char between names of a variables ?

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Removing the space you can use the below formula =substitute(A1," ","") for special characters please check in the DB end. I don't think its possible to control in dashboard level, because we cannot say what are all the values are special characters it can be dynamic. I would request you to check once again the list of values are correct while passing the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

I have seen many threads including the one you mentioned. I am doing what all is doing but my dashboard is going to report prompt. It is not passing the selected variables.

Reg

Mo