cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculatin View Aggregation node acting Weird way...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus..

I have simple query but becoming complex...

Calculation view has three joins Join-1, join-2, join-3.... At join levels i can see the correct data populated... but when I am saying data preview at Aggregation i am seeing zero records....

I have created new copy manually with same tables..but still i am getting the same zero records at Aggregation Data preview....

-Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200930
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lajwanth,

To make following explanation simple, I am taking "EmployeeId' as a unique column. You might have different column name.

I think, at joint-1, joint,2 or joint-3 level, you have take 'EmployeeID' as well as desired measure as  output columns. So, you are getting proper data.

But, in Aggregation node, you have taken only desired measure as aggregated output column but skipped 'employeeID' as a output column in aggregation node which is fine.

So, At the aggregation / projection node, Keep flag true for employee id. as per shown in screenshot.

Steps :

1. Go to top aggregation / projection node
  2. select 'EmployeeID' (unique column which you have skipped, just assuming)
  3. Go to Output panel which is at right and select Employee Id
  4. Go to Properties tab which is below to Output panel and search for 'Keep Flag' topic
  5. set 'Keep Flag' as true. Shown in screenshot

You will not face any problem at the time of aggregation on top level.

I hope, this will help you.

- Vikram Divekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Actually this is not the issue... because with out this we dont get the results...  MATNR, BUKRS,WERKS.. which are key fields for me... and stprs(standar price) is my measure...

I didnt understand the problem behind this... but when added the CV in other CV I am getting my desired result.

-Time being my issue is resolved but couldnt understand the issue and its behavior...

-SLS

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lajwanth,

If Semantics of first CV where you added tables, change Default Client from Session Client to Cross Client and you should get data hopefully.

Regards

Chandu

former_member185165
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hi Lajwanth,

Chandra is right, try changing it to cross client and it should work.

Thanks & regards,
Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

In our project, if dont change from sessions client to Cross Client, we dont get a single record..

Today again for different CV i am getting this issue...

I have changed the Aggregation to Projection(removed Aggregation) but still the values not showing up...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185165
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can you please paste the screenshot of your aggregation node here with all the details from the semantics as well.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

HiGurus,

Even i am getting the  same issue, i have 5 joins in my calculation view.at the Join_5 iam getting proper data.But,when iam going to Aggregation the data is not proper.

Thanks in Advance!!!!