Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast distribution

former_member404709
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I tried searching in the forums and I couldn’t find what I was looking, here is the question:

We have several distribution centers and several production plants. Each material can be produced at multiple plant locations and within the same producing facility, same material can be produced on multiple lines.

We have forecast at the material level, now how do we get this forecast distributed across all the plants & production lines based on percentage? And have an overview of capacity by plant/line. Is it something that can be achieved in ECC?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vicky,

How you distribute your forecast will depend on your SOP solution was built.

E.g.: Suppose that you work with Flexible planning and you have Info Structures where your sales history has as a characteristic the plant where the sales takes place (I suppose that you sale from the plant where the product is produced). In this case you can generate proportional factors and distribute (disaggregate your forecast) by plant.

So basically, you can disaggregate, but you will need to have the sale history by plant, and then disaggregate the forecast based on your sales history.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

former_member404709
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Mariano,

We are a new company and we do not have sales history. So can i still used flexible planning?

Also, are we able to disaggregate with in the plant by production line?

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

You could have the forecast by production line in an Info Structure and make a report to see it.

Now, at the end of the process, the forecast will be released to Demand Management and that can only be done by plant. The MRP will be executed based on that forecast released by plant and will generate replenishment orders (planned orders). This planned orders are generated for the plant.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

For a capacity overview you can use the rough-cut capacity planning, which is available for standard SOP and flexible planning. See the wiki Rough-Cut Capacity Planning on SOP - ERP Manufacturing (PP) - SCN Wiki for details.

BR

Caetano